Solved

My AMD Control Center is Bugged Out

My Games Have Been Lagging and I think it I because of some settings in my AMD control center. The problem is all my settings disappeared all I have is power and performance. There is no gaming option or anything. PLEASE HELP!
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd control center bugged
  1. you can go to amd site to download newest drivers(includes ccc). i would use ccleaner to unistall old drivers just to be safe and then go to amd site to down load new drivers
  2. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    you can go to amd site to download newest drivers(includes ccc). i would use ccleaner to unistall old drivers just to be safe and then go to amd site to down load new drivers


    I am doing that now ii will tell you results
  3. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    you can go to amd site to download newest drivers(includes ccc). i would use ccleaner to unistall old drivers just to be safe and then go to amd site to down load new drivers


    The download launcher poped up but the bar is not filling up. Can you help me.
  4. just let it run, sis your upgrade recently and had a previous gpu(nvidia)?
  5. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    just let it run, sis your upgrade recently and had a previous gpu(nvidia)?


    I will let it run but what do you mean by, " sis your upgrade recently and had a previous gpu(NVidia)."
  6. meant did not sis, sorry about that, and i meant did u upgrade with a new gpu recently and what is your graphics card? i assumed since you had ccc that you had an amd card
  7. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    meant did not sis, sorry about that, and i meant did u upgrade with a new gpu recently and what is your graphics card? i assumed since you had ccc that you had an amd card


    I did not recently buy a new graphics card and upgrading my drivers did not do anything to the amd control center
  8. did you use ccleaner or driver fusion to uninstall ccc before the update, it might have detected the ccc and not reinstalled it, so you will need to uninstall ccc with one of the programs then go to amds website to download again
  9. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    did you use ccleaner or driver fusion to uninstall ccc before the update, it might have detected the ccc and not reinstalled it, so you will need to uninstall ccc with one of the programs then go to amds website to download again


    I Can't find ccc on ccleaner I go to tools then uninstall but I can't find it. Also after I updated (or tried) my drivers it became really laggy
  10. https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/tour/running-the-cleaner

    if you ran it and it did not detect anydrivers this way try this one

    http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html

    this one is specific to graphic drivers and will detect and get rid of however make sure you rebot and go to amd website as before and download new drivers, that fact now that it is even laggier is a sign that it is a confliction issue with the drivers
  11. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/tour/running-the-cleaner

    if you ran it and it did not detect anydrivers this way try this one

    http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html

    this one is specific to graphic drivers and will detect and get rid of however make sure you rebot and go to amd website as before and download new drivers, that fact now that it is even laggier is a sign that it is a confliction issue with the drivers

    I used that second link to uninstall my drivers and then I installed them again, I will tell you the results in the morning. One last thing how do I get to the amd control center. when I right click it no longer gives me the option.
  12. it should download with the graphic drivers for your card

    try to do a window search for catalyst, or type msconfig in window search run it and go to start up programs.....if it isnt in either of those try to run driver sweeper to see if it is installed (dont uninstall) if for some reason it didnt download and your sure it is not on your computer go here to down load(at bottom of page)
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-catalyst/Pages/catalyst.aspx
  13. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    it should download with the graphic drivers for your card

    try to do a window search for catalyst, or type msconfig in window search run it and go to start up programs.....if it isnt in either of those try to run driver sweeper to see if it is installed (dont uninstall) if for some reason it didnt download and your sure it is not on your computer go here to down load(at bottom of page)
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-catalyst/Pages/catalyst.aspx

    windows told me the driver may not have downloaded right shouldi download it again. Also I typed catalyst in search this pc bar and 3 things came up and they all said catalyst_mobility 64 bit utl and I also saw something that said catalyst mobility and when I clicked on it it said it was not supported on my hardware.

    Specs:
    Processor AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
    Manufacturer AMD
    Speed 2.1 GHz
    Number of Cores 4

    Video Card Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
    Manufacturer ATI
    Chipset Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
    Dedicated Memory 256 MB
    Total Memory 256.0 MB

    Memory 5.3 GB

    Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit
    Service Pack 0
    Size 64 Bit
    Edition Basic

    Display Maximum Resolution 1366 x 768

    DVD hp DVD RAM UJ8C2 SATA CdRom Device

    CD hp DVD RAM UJ8C2 SATA CdRom Device

    Drive 1
    Size 931.5 GB
    Free 912.4 GB

    Drive 2
    Size 672.2 GB
    Free 489.0
  14. did you try the link i gave you to download the ccc?
  15. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    did you try the link i gave you to download the ccc?


    no but I will also it is still lagging in game but I will go try the link. by the way thanks for responing
  16. no probs but ill be back on later let me no how it goes and if you do get the ccc if it is still laggy and ill try to find a workaround through amds settings
  17. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    no probs but ill be back on later let me no how it goes and if you do get the ccc if it is still laggy and ill try to find a workaround through amds settings


    Well I figured out I as installing it wrong so I installed in right. I restarted my pc and when I right clicked my desktop I saw catalyst center option but when I click on it, it loads but does not open.
  18. Best answer
    can you try to run it as administrator and try to see if it is enabled in your fire wall. if both of those dont work disable anti virus(not while on internet) try to run ccc and see if your av is blocking.
  19. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    can you try to run it as administrator and try to see if it is enabled in your fire wall. if both of those dont work disable anti virus(not while on internet) try to run ccc and see if your av is blocking.


    this problem has been happening for a year now a good sir named bad kity has solved it. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I don't even care about the program not opening you sovled my problem! Thank You! You cant imangine how mad I was because I couldn't run games. THANK YOU! :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable: I owe you one bad kity
  20. TooEpicForYou said:
    Bad_Kitty13 said:
    can you try to run it as administrator and try to see if it is enabled in your fire wall. if both of those dont work disable anti virus(not while on internet) try to run ccc and see if your av is blocking.


    this problem has been happening for a year now a good sir named bad kity has solved it. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I don't even care about the program not opening you sovled my problem! Thank You! You cant imangine how mad I was because I couldn't run games. THANK YOU! :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable: I owe you one bad kity


    no probs glad to help a fellow gamer and booooo to amd drivers once again
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Lag Games AMD