AMD A10 5600k compatible with MSI A88X G43

im planning to buy the AMD A10 5600k trinity and the MSI A88X G43. i went to the msi cpu support list and it says that it does support the it but in one of the columns it has CPU Code and this does not match with the cpu on newegg. i was just wondering if this matters or all that matters is the cpu it self.
msi supports list for the MSI A88X G43 (A10 5600k-AD560KWOA44HJ)

newegg cpu code- A10 5600k- AD560KWOHJBOX


ps. i have also noticed this with other mobo manufactures with CPU Codes not matching. and i wanted to know if it mattered before buying it
16 answers Last reply
More about amd a10 5600k compatible msi a88x g43
  1. http://us.msi.com/product/mb/A88XG43.html#/?div=CPUSupport

    this is a list of compatible cpus and it is compatible there is only 1 a10-5600k they dont re-use denominations to avoid that
  2. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    http://us.msi.com/product/mb/A88XG43.html#/?div=CPUSupport

    this is a list of compatible cpus and it is compatible there is only 1 a10-5600k they dont re-use denominations to avoid that


    thank you for you quick response. also can you recommend another mobo that will be compatible my budget is to keep it under $200
  3. i would go with this because it lets you reserve the option to cfx/sli if need be. and it has the best support for overclocking. asus product are also top of the line. if you want a vendors site i can look for one too.(newegg is out of stock) this also supports your apu

    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/A88XPRO/
  4. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    i would go with this because it lets you reserve the option to cfx/sli if need be. and it has the best support for overclocking. asus product are also top of the line. if you want a vendors site i can look for one too.(newegg is out of stock) this also supports your apu

    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/A88XPRO/


    sorry this is tempting but its a little out of my budget. but i was looking at the asus A55BM-Plus/CSM but i couldnt find it on their website i only found it without the CSM at the end. and i ran into the same CPU Code thing again.
  5. dont worry about cpu code they dont re-use the names of the chips in a new series, if it says a10 5800k then it is just that there is only 1
    also are you going to use a dedicated gpu or the integrated igpu on the apu?
  6. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132045

    people gave it bad marks because the kaveri apus are having issues with it and they didnt flash their bios. this is a better chipset(a88x) than the one you listed and it is an asus and 8 dollars more
  7. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    dont worry about cpu code they dont re-use the names of the chips in a new series, if it says a10 5800k then it is just that there is only 1
    also are you going to use a dedicated gpu or the integrated igpu on the apu?


    yea going to use the integrated igpu im not a hardcore gamer. but ive been on the fence whether go with this apu build or go with a regular cpu build ive had something in mind for example the gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 and the AMD FX 6300 then planing to buy a dedicated gpu
  8. that would be better for gaming but so long as you arent trying to play high end games then you should be fine with the apu, what are the components you need? i can help you out if you give me a list and a budget
  9. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    that would be better for gaming but so long as you arent trying to play high end games then you should be fine with the apu, what are the components you need? i can help you out if you give me a list and a budget


    can you recommend the best apu and mobo combo and the same for a cpu and mobo combo both under $200

    i have own the following: 4gb gskill ram, corsair cx600m psu, 1TB WD blue HDD, samsung evo 840 120gb ssd
  10. your 4gb of ram is that 2x2gb or 1 4gb stick you should always run in dual channel as it hinders the overall performance of your system and 8gb is optimal for gaming at 1080p

    do you have an operating system and a case?
  11. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    your 4gb of ram is that 2x2gb or 1 4gb stick you should always run in dual channel as it hinders the overall performance of your system and 8gb is optimal for gaming at 1080p

    do you have an operating system and a case?


    two stick of 2gb no OS yet, and my case rosewill galaxy 01
  12. the os will run you about 100

    apu build

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2FIHT
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2FIHT/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2FIHT/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD A10-6790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus A88XM-A Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($78.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Total: $188.98
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-03 23:55 EST-0500)

    i was able to get you an a88x chipset with a newer richland apu

    fx build

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mo27
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mo27/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mo27/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($118.48 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.97 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $203.45
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-04 00:00 EST-0500)

    it says there is compatibility issue but it is jus because it needs a bios flash from the asus website to recognize the vishera tdp
  13. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    the os will run you about 100

    apu build

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2FIHT
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2FIHT/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2FIHT/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD A10-6790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus A88XM-A Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($78.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Total: $188.98
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-03 23:55 EST-0500)

    i was able to get you an a88x chipset with a newer richland apu

    fx build

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mo27
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mo27/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mo27/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($118.48 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.97 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $203.45
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-04 00:00 EST-0500)

    it says there is compatibility issue but it is jus because it needs a bios flash from the asus website to recognize the vishera tdp


    lets say that i was going with the fx build how do you flash the bios for it to support that cpu i have always wondered that. also im reading mixed reviews on the Asus A88XM-A Micro
  14. sorry i had to step out for a minute,

    in the past it has kinda been a pain but asus has made it simple, they have easy flash and all you have to do is pick the bios that you need of their website then once it down loaded you put the file in your c) drive then you you power off your computer and reboot ok into your bios select ez flash and it starts the process. there was another board to that has a better chipset and natively supports the vishera cpus but it would have put you over budget
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a99xevor20
    and for the one i already listed they might be on the current bios and nothave to flash anyway as alot of manufacturers have switched over, if you want help picker a gpu i can do that as well
  15. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    sorry i had to step out for a minute,

    in the past it has kinda been a pain but asus has made it simple, they have easy flash and all you have to do is pick the bios that you need of their website then once it down loaded you put the file in your c) drive then you you power off your computer and reboot ok into your bios select ez flash and it starts the process. there was another board to that has a better chipset and natively supports the vishera cpus but it would have put you over budget
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a99xevor20
    and for the one i already listed they might be on the current bios and nothave to flash anyway as alot of manufacturers have switched over, if you want help picker a gpu i can do that as well


    yea i rather stay away from flashing the bios until i trust myself to do it. what mobo would you recommend to go with an intel i3 4130 it also has integrated graphics
  16. for that cpu i would go with this h87 chipset mobo
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-h87mg43
    and the i3 does have better performance per core than amd, and if your only light gaming you can run most games on low-med settings with descent fps
Ask a new question

Read More

Support CPUs AMD Motherboards Compatibility MSI-Microstar