£250 for Graphics Card, hmm what to buy?

aj2013

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Sup guys so the time has almost come for an upgrade.

My specs are the Asus Z77 Sabertooth, with an i5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz, and 8GB Kingston HyperX RAM, and then my good ole 660. So my computer is beast I just need a beast graphics card. Now don't get me wrong the 660 is great, but it does have it's limits. Once I sell my 660 I'll, like I said have about £250, I don't want to do SLI I mean I have a corsair 600w gaming series psu, so I have the power supply for it, it's just I'd rather a single, quite powerful card.

Anyway after browsing around and seeing some deals on ebay, I've seen the Gainward GTX 670, and Gainward GTX 680, go for within my price. Now as far as I'm concerned those are quite a lot more powerful than my 660. I'm still getting info on benchmarks as before I was going to settle with a 670, but for almost the same price I can get a 680. I don't know yet.

Mainly this is of course for gaming at 1080p, playing stuff like BF4 and DayZ and Skyrim all modded up!

Check the pricing carefully, cards like the GTX770 and R9 280X can be found within your price range.
Here's how they (roughly) compare: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32865-7.html Some overclocked versions can move up by a full tier.
A few, possibly helpful names: Dabs, Novatech, CCL, Aria, Scan, Overclockers, Ebuyer, Pixmania and the ever popular Amazon.
As always, check it'll fit the case and the power supply has the right connectors to feed it.
As a die hard, rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth AMD fanboi I'll obviously suggest the R9 280X. ;) but if you find a good deal on a GTX770...Well, jump on it!

aj2013

Honorable
May 30, 2013

I think anything can fit in this case, I have the Zalaman Z11 Plus I think it's called, it's pretty big lol, too big. And yeah don't worry I ain't forgot AMD.

Ain't the 670 better than a 760 though?

Ain't the 670 better than a 760 though? [/quotemsg]

Yes, but I think it's better to use newer generation products. I would go for 770, it is newer and better than 670.