Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need help with AMD Radeon HD 6670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 5, 2014 5:30:34 AM

I'm planning to buy a new graphic card since I'm using an onboard graphic card and it sucks kinda bad. So I came up with AMD Radeon HD 6670, a mid-range card with pretty high performance and good price. The problem is I don't know if it'll fit with my old rig :??: 
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz
2Gb DDR2 Ram (planning to upgrade to 4Gb as well)
Graphics: Intel GMA 3100 :( 
PSU: AHA-Arrow 500w, actually it's only approximately 250w :( 
Can anyone help? If my psu doesn't fit in well, can you suggest some good price psu that'll run well, I'm low on budget. Thanks! :D 

More about : amd radeon 6670

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2014 5:36:35 AM

If your motherboard has a PCI-E x16 slot (Which 99% have these days) then you can fit in this rig, if you're concered about the PSU, which I do not recommend, you can get a cheap Corsair CX430: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
It's $29.99 after mail-in rebate.
Share
March 5, 2014 5:40:35 AM

so I can fit this card without having to upgrade my PSU? I'm searching for the PSU you recommended since I'm not from U.S. Thanks anyway :D 
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 208 U Graphics card
a c 108 À AMD
March 5, 2014 5:42:19 AM

+1 to AMD-----, PSU he listed is great for the price and slot you will be covered.
m
0
l
a c 208 U Graphics card
a c 108 À AMD
March 5, 2014 5:45:25 AM

xdeadpool said:
so I can fit this card without having to upgrade my PSU? I'm searching for the PSU you recommended since I'm not from U.S. Thanks anyway :D 


Your PSU is not enough to power that card and isn't a good quality one either.
m
0
l
March 5, 2014 5:55:24 AM

unknownofprob said:
xdeadpool said:
so I can fit this card without having to upgrade my PSU? I'm searching for the PSU you recommended since I'm not from U.S. Thanks anyway :D 


Your PSU is not enough to power that card and isn't a good quality one either.

well it came with the case, so there arent/shouldn't be any great expectations about it. I'm finding a new PSU anyway :D 

m
0
l
a c 208 U Graphics card
a c 108 À AMD
March 5, 2014 6:01:30 AM

xdeadpool said:
unknownofprob said:
xdeadpool said:
so I can fit this card without having to upgrade my PSU? I'm searching for the PSU you recommended since I'm not from U.S. Thanks anyway :D 


Your PSU is not enough to power that card and isn't a good quality one either.

well it came with the case, so there arent/shouldn't be any great expectations about it. I'm finding a new PSU anyway :D 


I know, just saying. If you can get a CX 430, get it, a great PSU for the price with 5 years warranty.
m
0
l
!