780 TI Overclock Drivers Crash

Kedzie

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
So, I have a 780 TI SC and whenever I try to overclock it (even by a little) in EVGA Precision and run Unengine to benchmark, the drivers crash and restore at the very beginning of the benchmark and Unengine shuts down. What can I do to OC my 780 TI?

use msi afterburner beta 18, it has more features. go in the settings and unlock voltage control and voltage monitoring. then increase the voltage all the way up and run whatever core speed your looking for and then run unigine valley. when valley is done or it crashes.... look at the afterburner monitor log and see if your core clock was holding steady at the clocks you put it too. if its not holding then your card is throttling and you need to increase your power target... increase it like 3% at a time until monitor log shows your clocks holding steady.

Kedzie

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
nikoli, thank you for your help.
for clarification, how do i increase my power target if i put voltage all the way up?
also, won't increasing my voltage too much damage my GPU?

no, the max voltage afterburner/precision will allow is the same and is more than fine for your card and you could go much much higher if you had better cooling and you run a soft volt mod... but you would want better cooling for that.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1438886/official-nvidia-gtx-780-ti-owners-club

everything you need to know about your card is there. im not exactly sure about your 780ti, i have an evga 780 classified which has two bios's and i flashed a skynet bios on my ln2 bios. but if your card has a second bios you can flash a skynet custom bios onto it which helps many different things and allows higher overclocks. there is also an overclock guide somewhere on that page.

and increasing the voltage too much can damage your gpu. you should raise the core/mem clocks until it becomes unstable, then raise voltage by a tiny amount, like 0.025. you can keep doing this until your card is unstable even with enough voltage or it gets too hot. at that point, back down like 5% and run a stress test overnight.

its a gk110 though, definitely not your run of the mill cheaply manufactured gpu. 780ti's allow up to a max of 1.5v core. also he has an evga, he can soft volt mod water block and murder the card and they will just give him a new one.