Solved

is my i5-3470 temps is ok?

hey..now the summer is entering and my CPU reaches to 63-64 Degree Max. when playing Tomb Raider 2013 ..and the idle temp is 33-35 degree .. im using stock fan
should i be worried? especially that the weather haven't started to be really hot yet.

P.S i'm not overclocking for sure..so do i really need an aftermarket CPU cooler?

i have thermaltake commander MS-III Desktop case and only one fan at the back of the case.
the CPU Fan is seated correctly .
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3470 temps
  1. 63 or 64 under load is nothing to worry about. Especially when you're stock cooler. But I suggest you get the h100i if you have some spare money or the 212 evo if you're on a budget. Lower temp is always better.
  2. those temps are perfectly fine. max temp is 105c. ive seen temps in the high 80s with stock cooling
  3. swegname said:
    63 or 64 under load is nothing to worry about. Especially when you're stock cooler. But I suggest you get the h100i if you have some spare money or the 212 evo if you're on a budget. Lower temp is always better.

thank you..i've heard that the max. safe temp of i5-3470 is 67 degree..so i guess i'm very close to dangerous?
    or it can go up for more than 67?
  4. BradleyJames said:
    those temps are perfectly fine. max temp is 105c. ive seen temps in the high 80s with stock cooling

i guess thats only for laptops? i have a desktop..and its written that max safe Temp of i5-3470 is 67 degree..so i don't know...not sure...
  5. whiteknights said:
    BradleyJames said:
    those temps are perfectly fine. max temp is 105c. ive seen temps in the high 80s with stock cooling

i guess thats only for laptops? i have a desktop..and its written that max safe Temp of i5-3470 is 67 degree..so i don't know...not sure...

no, thats for desktop cpus, i have a i7 3770k and it runs80-90 with the stock heatsink
  6. BradleyJames said:
    whiteknights said:
    BradleyJames said:

no, thats for desktop cpus, i have a i7 3770k and it runs80-90 with the stock heatsink

that's dangerous !..how come you are overclocking with the stock heatsink?? 90 degree is close to dangerous
    aren't you worry about your processor?
  7. Best answer
    i was not overclocking with stock heatsink. i have done a few builds with ivy bridge cpus, they run hot. its not dangerous. they run hot. i have liquid cooled my cpu and overclocked to 4.6, it hits a max temp with prime95 of 84 c, its been running like that for almost 2 years and has not skipped a beat.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i5