I'll be using an External HDD Upto 3TB. I want to be able to play movies in HD with no stress. I don't game much but if I do I don't care much for quality so Low/Mid is fine or Low in general.
I have a decent amount of music 40GB or so. I take a lot of photos(External HDD) and I watch a lot of movies and video(youtube).
1. What is your budget?
$1000 - $1400 AUD
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15" Or more
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not sure, as long as it plays Movies in HD so I guess a 1080p res?.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Anything more then 5 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes Low-Medium. SC2 - LoL. CoD Ghost. but to be honest I'm not fussed.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Basic Photo Editing with PS. Buit mainly want to watch Movies in HD.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500GB Plus. I'm currently using 320GB. I would like an SSD but not sure how they add up in price per GB with HDD etc.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm don't like AMD - I've had bad experiences in the past and heard some bad feedback form friends etc. I currently have an Asus laptop so I'd like something else. I don't like Toshiba as I've had a Satelite series Laptop in the past which failed on me.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.