Solved

Is this a good build?

Ok so here it is. I need opinions on my monitor/mouse/headset everything. I use a palm grip if that matters and i already have a mousepad if it's needed.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/363rV

Do I need more RAM or is it good?

Just tell me what I need.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good build
  1. very good build :)
    it is a revision of your build, with better price/performance parts selection
    better ram DDR3 2400 CL10, the fastest yet still affordable, on sale
    better case, on sale
    better PSU Seasonic Gold, on sale
    better GTX 770 from gigabyte, higher clock
    blu ray writer

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.89 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($329.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($53.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($276.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro Headset ($72.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Wired Gaming Keyboard ($119.00 @ Mechanical Keyboards)
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $1773.74
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-08 12:06 EST-0500)
  2. AMD Radeon said:
    very good build :)
    it is a revision of your build, with better price/performance parts selection
    better ram DDR3 2400 CL10, the fastest yet still affordable, on sale
    better case, on sale
    better PSU Seasonic Gold, on sale
    better GTX 770 from gigabyte, higher clock
    blu ray writer

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.89 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($329.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($53.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($276.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro Headset ($72.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Wired Gaming Keyboard ($119.00 @ Mechanical Keyboards)
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $1773.74
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-08 12:06 EST-0500)



    Since your revision lowered the price should I add another 8Gigs of RAM? I will be able to afford it. Maybe some speakers too?
  3. ^ you should invest on bigger SSD to store more game installation files
    120GB is enough only for OS and 1-2 games

    swap the 120GB with this 500GB samsung evo
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7te500bw

    or dont you want to go for GTX 780? $500
  4. AMD Radeon said:
    ^ you should invest on bigger SSD to store more game installation files
    120GB is enough only for OS and 1-2 games

    swap the 120GB with this 500GB samsung evo
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7te500bw

    or dont you want to go for GTX 780? $500


    So which one should I go for? And more ram or not? I dont want to go into the 2000's.
  5. ^ more than 8GB of ram will not going to help you
    it is either stronger gpu to provide more FPS
    or bigger ssd so that you can get snappy experience
  6. AMD Radeon said:
    ^ more than 8GB of ram will not going to help you
    it is either stronger gpu to provide more FPS
    or bigger ssd so that you can get snappy experience


    I will go with the gtx 780. Will a 3gb version by gigabyte do fine. For 509 dollars?
  7. Also you have to keep in mind every dollar I add pushes this computer further away. So before telling me to add another 500 dollars remember that it's going to delay my purchase.
  8. Best answer
    ^ not adding $500, but swapping $330 gtx 770 with $500 GTX 780
    here it is, close to $2000
    edit : gigabyte is fine, but this evga ACX cooler is on sale and cant be missed
    you can get gigabyte GHZ edition if you want http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvn780ghz3gd

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.89 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($489.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($53.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($276.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro Headset ($72.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Wired Gaming Keyboard ($119.00 @ Mechanical Keyboards)
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $1933.74
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-08 12:42 EST-0500)
  9. AMD Radeon said:
    ^ not adding $500, but swapping $330 gtx 770 with $500 GTX 780
    here it is, close to $2000
    edit : gigabyte is fine, but this evga ACX cooler is on sale and cant be missed
    you can get gigabyte GHZ edition if you want http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvn780ghz3gd

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.89 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($489.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($53.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($276.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro Headset ($72.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Wired Gaming Keyboard ($119.00 @ Mechanical Keyboards)
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $1933.74
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-08 12:42 EST-0500)


    Last thing. I chose my previous case because of reviews. It is also smaller. The one you recommended to me has reviews saying it has some problems. And again maybe too large.
  10. ^ i thought a high end build like this need a room for future SLI
    and ppl usually choose full tower roomy case like this

    if you dont want to go SLI later, pick mid ATX case
    honestly i am not into antec cases, my logic says eleven is better than nine. cheers :)
  11. AMD Radeon said:
    ^ i thought a high end build like this need a room for future SLI
    and ppl usually choose full tower roomy case like this

    if you dont want to go SLI later, pick mid ATX case
    honestly i am not into antec cases, my logic says eleven is better than nine. cheers :)


    Guess you have a point. I guess for only 74 dollars I cant complain.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Gaming Headsets Build Your Own Build PC gaming Monitors Systems