fx-8350 with Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid Cooling System

nrichard680

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
Hey guys. Just bought myself an fx-8350. I am having a bit of trouble with the new cpu and getting temps to stay down. I have three different temperature readings at idle. My bios is saying I'm hitting 45 degrees, HWmonitor is telling me a min of 19 and a max of 32 and msi control center is telling me I'm at 38 degrees at idle. I have 4 fans total. the fan for the antec is blowing out along with a large fan on the top. I also have two side fans pushing out as well.

A) that seems a bit high, should I reapply arctic silver?

B) is my liquid cooling system junk for the powerhouse

C) Any suggestions to lower temps?

Solution
Those are perfectly safe, so while they are high for idle, unless it goes above 70c under full load you're fine. Also, AMD CPUs tend to give false readings under 40c, so try running Prime95 and measuring it.
Those are perfectly safe, so while they are high for idle, unless it goes above 70c under full load you're fine. Also, AMD CPUs tend to give false readings under 40c, so try running Prime95 and measuring it.

Solution

Clackamas

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
I have the Antec 650 on an 8350 and an 8320. The 8350 is running with the stock thermal compound and I am at 30C idle speed. My other box is using arctic and is about 35C. The only reason I didn't use stock on the second is I messed up the stock compound. I was going to reply it on my rig using the 'dot' method.