7870 2gb gddr5 VisionTek LAG!

Xxlalo7xX

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
Ive been experiencing major lag in all games, even on low settings, i cant run minecraft with a stable 30fps, far cry 3 runs at ultra 60fps, but then drops to 30 and goes back, and this causes major hickups,
Specs: Amd phenom ii x4 965 be
Gpu: 7870 2gb gddr5 VisionTek
Psu: 700 watt cooler master
Ram: 8gb 1600mhz
Hdd: 1tb WD Black
I have no idea why i cant run a single game, it troubles me a lot! Any help would be Great :)

Solution
@Xxlalo7xX@ Hey the lag may ba caused by the psu or your ram. The psu might be unstable due to power jumps in the circuit. But dont be worried. Check if you have the lateset drivers on your 7870 as sometimes the problem might be in the old graphics drivers.

Your solution may lay in "EasyDrive" a free software that check if you have any drivers outdated. I had such problems as well but then i have installed the drivers and it got fixed. But i must say that updating drivers dont seem to be so easy as it might look like, if you dont take enough countion you might end up in a situation where you will have to restore your system. SO BE CAREFUL with drivers.

Have you OC'ed any of your system hardwere ?
If yes it might be the issue as you...

Xxlalo7xX

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014

Well my whole system uses all of it, But im guessing you mean whilst playing, and ill say not much, maybe 50-70% OF MY HDD WHILE PLAYING
and games like gotham imposters only about 17-23% of ram, but even such a low end game like that makes me receive EPIC Lag spikes, i struggle to play a team death match, but what baffles me, is that i actually surpass the requirements of that game saying i have a mid range Pc
Also, i forgot to mention Its a 7870 ghz edition :/ idk if that helps?

OPKaskader

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014
@Xxlalo7xX@ Hey the lag may ba caused by the psu or your ram. The psu might be unstable due to power jumps in the circuit. But dont be worried. Check if you have the lateset drivers on your 7870 as sometimes the problem might be in the old graphics drivers.

Your solution may lay in "EasyDrive" a free software that check if you have any drivers outdated. I had such problems as well but then i have installed the drivers and it got fixed. But i must say that updating drivers dont seem to be so easy as it might look like, if you dont take enough countion you might end up in a situation where you will have to restore your system. SO BE CAREFUL with drivers.

Have you OC'ed any of your system hardwere ?
If yes it might be the issue as you might made them unstable, so they are jumping from mhz to ghz.

And when did the lags started as well?

(WARNING)
IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD DRIVERS ITS ALL UNDER YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, WHAT I HAVE WROTE IS JUST A SIMPLE IDEA OF HOW THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE SOLVED. BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR SYSTEM OR YOU MIGHT DAMAGE IT)

Waiting for answer

Krysto.

Solution