Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What Graphics Card and PSU should i get to play new games on Med/Max settings

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 8, 2014 10:07:33 PM

I recently bought a new computer since my old one died, unfortunately the graphics card in this computer is bad and can only play some games on max settings (i have to play WoW on low settings to get 50 - 60 FPS) I wanted to be able atleast to play WoW and FFXIV on Max settings
I was wondering what kind of graphics card and PSU to get. The Wattage of my PSU is 350 so i was thinking of upgrading to get a better graphics card
Also my budget is 100€ - 200€

Specs List:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.131030-1505)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: M51AC
BIOS: 0801
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430S CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 625
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 625
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_104B&SUBSYS_844C1043&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4042 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1994 MB
Shared Memory: 2047 MB

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 103 å Intel
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b * Windows 8
a c 87 Î Nvidia
March 8, 2014 10:13:16 PM

Get GTX-750ti and you'll run that card with your existing PSU!
Share
Related resources
March 8, 2014 10:30:27 PM

Ahmadjon said:
Get GTX-750ti and you'll run that card with your existing PSU!


Are you sure? Amazon says that it needs 400 Watts and i only have 350 Watts, won't it give me problems? Also if it does work should i get the Asus version or the Gigabyte version or are they both the same thing?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 103 å Intel
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b * Windows 8
a c 87 Î Nvidia
March 8, 2014 10:39:49 PM

Quality good 350W PSU should run GTX-750ti! What PSU model do you have?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 103 å Intel
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b * Windows 8
a c 87 Î Nvidia
March 8, 2014 10:51:52 PM

LFFB said:
Ahmadjon said:
Quality good 350W PSU should run GTX-750ti! What PSU model do you have?


http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=...
It's this one not sure if it's quality good it's the one that came with the computer


I think it's not good PSU but you can get great 550W PSU from XFX
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($67.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $67.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-09 01:51 EST-0500)
Later you can run more power hungry card with that PSU! :) 
m
0
l
March 8, 2014 10:59:34 PM

Ahmadjon said:
LFFB said:
Ahmadjon said:
Quality good 350W PSU should run GTX-750ti! What PSU model do you have?


http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=...
It's this one not sure if it's quality good it's the one that came with the computer


I think it's not good PSU but you can get great 550W PSU from XFX
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($67.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $67.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-09 01:51 EST-0500)
Later you can run more power hungry card with that PSU! :) 

Yeah guess i will just wait a while to get the money for the psu and the graphics card thanks for all the help :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 103 å Intel
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b * Windows 8
a c 87 Î Nvidia
March 8, 2014 11:01:03 PM

LFFB said:
Ahmadjon said:
LFFB said:
Ahmadjon said:
Quality good 350W PSU should run GTX-750ti! What PSU model do you have?


http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=...
It's this one not sure if it's quality good it's the one that came with the computer


I think it's not good PSU but you can get great 550W PSU from XFX
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($67.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $67.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-09 01:51 EST-0500)
Later you can run more power hungry card with that PSU! :) 

Yeah guess i will just wait a while to get the money for the psu and the graphics card thanks for all the help :) 


You're welcome :) 
m
0
l
March 8, 2014 11:18:00 PM

Ahmadjon said:
LFFB said:
Ahmadjon said:
LFFB said:
Ahmadjon said:
Quality good 350W PSU should run GTX-750ti! What PSU model do you have?


http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=...
It's this one not sure if it's quality good it's the one that came with the computer


I think it's not good PSU but you can get great 550W PSU from XFX
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($67.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $67.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-09 01:51 EST-0500)
Later you can run more power hungry card with that PSU! :) 

Yeah guess i will just wait a while to get the money for the psu and the graphics card thanks for all the help :) 


You're welcome :) 


http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce-DirectCU-GDDR5-G...
Would this graphics card work with my computer and that PSU? the reviews on amazon said it was a really good graphics card and since im buying a psu i might as well get a graphics card more powerful than the 750 TI
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 103 å Intel
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b * Windows 8
a c 87 Î Nvidia
March 8, 2014 11:24:12 PM

Yes it will! Single GTX-760 needs 500W or greater PSU with 30Amps on 12v Rail!
m
0
l
March 8, 2014 11:39:48 PM

Ahmadjon said:
Yes it will! Single GTX-760 needs 500W or greater PSU with 30Amps on 12v Rail!


Great! :D  Thanks for all the help again
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 103 å Intel
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b * Windows 8
a c 87 Î Nvidia
March 8, 2014 11:40:27 PM

LFFB said:
Ahmadjon said:
Yes it will! Single GTX-760 needs 500W or greater PSU with 30Amps on 12v Rail!


Great! :D  Thanks for all the help again


You're welcome :) 
m
0
l
!