Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

PSU Required for Motherboard -- ASUS P8H61-M LX

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 8, 2014 11:24:48 PM

I have ASUS P8H61-M LX Motherboard & Intel(R) Core(TM) i5‐2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (Socket 1155 LGA) + I have installed AMD Radeon HD 6670 with Dedicated Video Memory 1016 MB (1066090496) Ram.

Please suggest me a best PSU for the same.

Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650 Watts PSU
Corsair VS650 SMPS 650Watts
Antec VP650P 650 Watts PSU
Antec EA650 SMPS

Or any other which supports my hardware and offers great price. Please guide me for the same.
Will the above mentioned PSU's support my existing mother board ?
a c 105 ) Power supply
a c 107 å Intel
a c 181 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a c 247 V Motherboard
March 8, 2014 11:33:01 PM

TX 650 all the way!
m
0
l
a c 105 ) Power supply
a c 107 å Intel
a c 181 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a c 247 V Motherboard
March 8, 2014 11:37:57 PM

You don't need 650W PSU for your system quality good 500W PSU would be plenty for your system

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $89.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-09 03:37 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
Related resources
March 11, 2014 7:45:21 AM

Ahmadjon said:
You don't need 650W PSU for your system quality good 500W PSU would be plenty for your system

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $89.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-09 03:37 EDT-0400)



Thanx Buddy But I Stay In Mumbai (India), so the web site you recommended it will be costly. Can I go with any Corsair VS 550 , Corsair CX 600
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 105 ) Power supply
a c 107 å Intel
a c 181 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a c 247 V Motherboard
March 11, 2014 7:47:07 AM

Get VS series but not CX, Corsair makes good PSU's but not CX series!
Share
March 11, 2014 9:15:36 AM

Thanks Buddy I will surely go for VS series.
m
0
l
a c 105 ) Power supply
a c 107 å Intel
a c 181 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a c 247 V Motherboard
March 11, 2014 9:22:59 AM

pushkarajholkar said:
Thanks Buddy I will surely go for VS series.


You're welcome :)  and don't forget to Pick Solution, it will help me also :D 
m
0
l
April 23, 2014 9:37:06 AM

Ahmadjon said:
Get VS series but not CX, Corsair makes good PSU's but not CX series!


Hi, I have a similar system except graphics (MSI Nvidia GT440) and I am using corsair CX 500W. May I know why would you not recommend CX500 vs other corsair series?
m
0
l
a c 105 ) Power supply
a c 107 å Intel
a c 181 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a c 247 V Motherboard
April 23, 2014 11:07:04 AM

jag1 said:
Ahmadjon said:
Get VS series but not CX, Corsair makes good PSU's but not CX series!


Hi, I have a similar system except graphics (MSI Nvidia GT440) and I am using corsair CX 500W. May I know why would you not recommend CX500 vs other corsair series?


CX500~600W PSU's use cheap capacitors and poor voltage regulation, it may fail under heavy load.
m
0
l
April 23, 2014 1:00:44 PM

Ahmadjon said:
CX500~600W PSU's use cheap capacitors and poor voltage regulation, it may fail under heavy load.


Oops! Anyway, I'm using it. Let me see how far it goes. Thanks buddy for the info.

m
0
l
a c 105 ) Power supply
a c 107 å Intel
a c 181 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a c 247 V Motherboard
April 23, 2014 1:09:27 PM

jag1 said:
Ahmadjon said:
CX500~600W PSU's use cheap capacitors and poor voltage regulation, it may fail under heavy load.


Oops! Anyway, I'm using it. Let me see how far it goes. Thanks buddy for the info.



No worries, just don't think about OC and you'll be fine :) 
m
0
l
!