Solved

I need a good graphic card that will run well with my ram and processor

I want to upgrade my graphic card due to not being able to play a game called rust with over 5 fps. I barely can play and its hard to shoot people and I want myself to get better fps on games so I can play it smoothly with no problems. I have the money to buy the graphic card but I don't know what kind I would buy so I don't have to change my processor or ram but I can still play games like rust smoothly. If I do need to get better processor and ram to run games like this please tell me. Here are my specs:
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 gb
Processor: Intel (R) Pentium (R) CPU G360 @ 2.70 GHz 2.70 Ghz
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard Company
Model: p6-2103w
System Type: 64 bit operating system
Graphic card: Intel (R) HD Graphics
Total Memory: 1696 MB
Monitor: HP 2011 Series Wide LCD Monitor
Display Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60 Hz)
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good graphic card run ram processor
  1. To get good FPS in games you need at least quad core CPU with GTX-750 and 4GB or 8GB RAM!
    Tell me your budget and I'll do my best!
  2. Here's your problem!
    Graphic card: Intel (R) HD Graphics

    The intel integrated graphics are meant for basic tasks and multimedia, they are not meant for gaming. If you throw a real graphics card in there you will get significantly better performance out of games. Your CPU may be holding you back some, but your biggest issue right now is the lack of a real GPU
  3. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($176.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($149.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $326.97
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-09 13:40 EDT-0400)
  4. hunter315 said:
    Here's your problem!
    Graphic card: Intel (R) HD Graphics

    The intel integrated graphics are meant for basic tasks and multimedia, they are not meant for gaming. If you throw a real graphics card in there you will get significantly better performance out of games. Your CPU may be holding you back some, but your biggest issue right now is the lack of a real GPU

    So what kind of graphics card would you recommend?
  5. Ahmadjon said:
    To get good FPS in games you need at least quad core CPU with GTX-750 and 4GB or 8GB RAM!
    Tell me your budget and I'll do my best!

    Well I have around 250 but I would like to spend 150 or less (USD)
  6. Drew Apking said:
    Ahmadjon said:
    To get good FPS in games you need at least quad core CPU with GTX-750 and 4GB or 8GB RAM!
    Tell me your budget and I'll do my best!

    Well I have around 250 but I would like to spend 150 or less (USD)


    For all parts or per item?
  7. Ahmadjon said:
    Drew Apking said:
    Ahmadjon said:
    To get good FPS in games you need at least quad core CPU with GTX-750 and 4GB or 8GB RAM!
    Tell me your budget and I'll do my best!

    Well I have around 250 but I would like to spend 150 or less (USD)


    For all parts or per item?

    Lets just say I want good items, but its not like I want a total gaming computer where I can play battlefield 4 at great fps, etc. And 250 for all parts.
  8. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-3240 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($116.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 240 2GB Video Card ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $249.96
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-09 14:33 EDT-0400)
  9. Ahmadjon said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-3240 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($116.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 240 2GB Video Card ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $249.96
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-09 14:33 EDT-0400)

    This looks more on a reasonable scale for me, but would the 8 gb of ram be added to the 4 gb I already have or are they different types where they can't be added together? Sorry I am not that smart with the design of computers and how they are built.
  10. Drew Apking said:
    Ahmadjon said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-3240 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($116.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 240 2GB Video Card ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $249.96
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-09 14:33 EDT-0400)

    This looks more on a reasonable scale for me, but would the 8 gb of ram be added to the 4 gb I already have or are they different types where they can't be added together? Sorry I am not that smart with the design of computers and how they are built.



    You can add second 4GB RAM stick to your current RAM stick, just tell me your RAM model and specs (voltages, frequency etc.) or link your RAM
  11. Ahmadjon said:
    Drew Apking said:
    Ahmadjon said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-3240 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($116.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 240 2GB Video Card ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $249.96
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-09 14:33 EDT-0400)

    This looks more on a reasonable scale for me, but would the 8 gb of ram be added to the 4 gb I already have or are they different types where they can't be added together? Sorry I am not that smart with the design of computers and how they are built.



    You can add second 4GB RAM stick to your current RAM stick, just tell me your RAM model and specs (voltages, frequency etc.) or link your RAM

    How can I find the specs and model?
  12. Download HWINFO http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php and tell me your RAM specs
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics RAM Games Graphics Cards Processors