Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What Graphics Card Should I Buy?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 9, 2014 4:43:31 PM

Hi,
I've been needing to give my computer a boost so I need a new gpu. I currently have a GeForce 8400gs which is very slow. Whats the best one under $100? I've been thinking about getting this one: http://www.frys.com/product/7962480?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN...
It doesn't need to play super intense games like crisis and battlefield. I think everything else is ok for now but if you have suggestions for other parts that I should upgrade that would be helpful too.
Thanks

PC:
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD A10-5700 @ 3.4 GHz
RAM
Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB @ 1600 MHz
Motherboard
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
Graphics
1GB NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS (EVGA)
Storage
298GB Western Digital HDD

More about : graphics card buy

a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2014 4:45:25 PM

save up more money, 150 dollar at least, if you want to see worthy improvement...get a GTX 750ti or a Radeon HD 7770.
m
0
l
March 9, 2014 4:50:07 PM

g_dimitri said:
Hi,
I've been needing to give my computer a boost so I need a new gpu. I currently have a GeForce 8400gs which is very slow. Whats the best one under $100? I've been thinking about getting this one: http://www.frys.com/product/7962480?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN...
It doesn't need to play super intense games like crisis and battlefield. I think everything else is ok for now but if you have suggestions for other parts that I should upgrade that would be helpful too.
Thanks

PC:
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD A10-5700 @ 3.4 GHz
RAM
Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB @ 1600 MHz
Motherboard
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
Graphics
1GB NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS (EVGA)
Storage
298GB Western Digital HDD


GTX 750 or 750ti .. I run the 750 with the A8 and get 80 fps on high settings in skyrim, 120 fps in COD Black Ops 2 at max... BUT.. I only get 40-70 on COD Ghosts on all normal/low ... and this is because of my CPU,... yours is better so I would expect better performance on your rig w the 750

m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2014 4:55:12 PM

Have you tried using the integrated gpu on that A10-5700? Might increase performance a little while you save some more money for a better graphics card.
m
0
l
March 9, 2014 4:58:14 PM

ShadyHamster said:
Have you tried using the integrated gpu on that A10-5700? Might increase performance a little while you save some more money for a better graphics card.


as long as he has good ram thats true.
m
0
l
March 9, 2014 6:27:49 PM

So do you guys all think the gtx 750 is good?
Or should I get the radeon 7770?
m
0
l
March 9, 2014 6:31:11 PM

Jason Hutchinson said:
g_dimitri said:
Hi,
I've been needing to give my computer a boost so I need a new gpu. I currently have a GeForce 8400gs which is very slow. Whats the best one under $100? I've been thinking about getting this one: http://www.frys.com/product/7962480?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN...
It doesn't need to play super intense games like crisis and battlefield. I think everything else is ok for now but if you have suggestions for other parts that I should upgrade that would be helpful too.
Thanks

PC:
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD A10-5700 @ 3.4 GHz
RAM
Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB @ 1600 MHz
Motherboard
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
Graphics
1GB NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS (EVGA)
Storage
298GB Western Digital HDD


GTX 750 or 750ti .. I run the 750 with the A8 and get 80 fps on high settings in skyrim, 120 fps in COD Black Ops 2 at max... BUT.. I only get 40-70 on COD Ghosts on all normal/low ... and this is because of my CPU,... yours is better so I would expect better performance on your rig w the 750



It looks like a good option.
Since I'm not running super intense games do you think I'll be fine sticking with the 750?
m
0
l
March 9, 2014 6:40:54 PM

ShadyHamster said:
Have you tried using the integrated gpu on that A10-5700? Might increase performance a little while you save some more money for a better graphics card.


I havn't gotten my 8gb of ram yet so I'm still using 2gb.....Lol
I heard the apu needs lots of ram to run.
When I put in the 8gb will it run noticeably better?
Thanks
m
0
l
March 9, 2014 7:29:31 PM

g_dimitri said:
ShadyHamster said:
Have you tried using the integrated gpu on that A10-5700? Might increase performance a little while you save some more money for a better graphics card.


I havn't gotten my 8gb of ram yet so I'm still using 2gb.....Lol
I heard the apu needs lots of ram to run.
When I put in the 8gb will it run noticeably better?
Thanks


whoa... 2gb? thats why the integrated graphics are running so bad.. YES your entire system will run much smoother even with 4.. 2gb is stoneage lol
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2014 7:34:20 PM

It's probably not worth trying with the 2gig of ram but definitely give it a go when you get the 8gig.
They don't necessarily need lots of ram just fast ram, 1600mhz ram will be fine how ever.
Make sure to uninstall the nvidia drivers and get the latest amd drivers for the integrated gpu when you do try it.

As for the future graphics card, I would go for the 750Ti unless the integrated gpu doesn't improve your fps at all and you really want a better card then go the 750, that should be fine.
Share
!