i3 4130 + r9 270 or i5 4440 + r7 260x

Solution
i3 makes sense on a budget, YES > But again, more and more games are natively using 4 cores and the CPU burden probably won't lighten off. You effectively get double the performance (in theory) when saving for an i5 compared to i3.

Beware? You just say beware without saying anything else? Any who the hell says that you should be using a 8XXX with R9 270X ?! If you wan't to throw around random remarks I can play that game too

Intel's CPUs smell like burnt cheese

madsmagnus

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
One thing about buying new parts.. It usually pays off to save and get a fully decent system instead of building on a budget. Also: Getting an i3 is really just signing a contract saying that soon you won't be able to keep up with the new games. 4 core utilization is def going to be the new standard in just a moment even though its a 50/50 if people have 2 or more cores atm > Only one way forward

I second xlone, get an i5, wait, get whatever is priced best a bit later.. Hopefully you have a GPU you can use until then.?

xlonewolfx456

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
^exactly. After getting an i3 you'll end up upgrading you pc anyway coz many games require 4 cores nowadays. As for bf4, it requires 4 cores to play online decently. I own i3 2120 and i'm experiencing cpu bottlenecks in some games. I guess after this year's E3 4 cores will become standard cpu requirement indeed.

madsmagnus

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
i3 makes sense on a budget, YES > But again, more and more games are natively using 4 cores and the CPU burden probably won't lighten off. You effectively get double the performance (in theory) when saving for an i5 compared to i3.

Beware? You just say beware without saying anything else? Any who the hell says that you should be using a 8XXX with R9 270X ?! If you wan't to throw around random remarks I can play that game too

Intel's CPUs smell like burnt cheese

Solution