Solved

Adata SSD XPG SX910 - 128GB , is it GOOD ?

hi,

is this one good as other brands? SSDs like M4 , m500?.

its a little expensive but, if worth it i would buy one ! (M4 is not availalbe here, either is samsung ones)

my main interest is a 5 Year guaranty !
72 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about adata ssd xpg sx910 128gb good
  1. Adata has some good stuff none of it will set benchmarks and they don't have all the features but they are reliable and usually cheaper.
  2. Spectre694 said:
    Adata has some good stuff none of it will set benchmarks and they don't have all the features but they are reliable and usually cheaper.


    well its more expensive than M500 120gb and intel 530 and Corsair Force GS 128GB and SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB!!! but has good guaranty and its more likely i can find it ! i can find it for sure !

    but if its not good as others and dont have good speed i will go for another brand ! others got max 3 years !

    i wait for some other answers ! then i will pick best answer !
  3. i found SanDisk Extreme II , is that good?! 285GB is price of Gigabyte GTX760 !!!! 128GB is almost same as Adata one a little more expensive ! but much ! a little higher than H100i water cooling !
  4. kamhagh said:
    i found SanDisk Extreme II , is that good?! 285GB is price of Gigabyte GTX760 !!!! 128GB is almost same as Adata one a little more expensive ! but much ! a little higher than H100i water cooling !


    What is your budget and system specs? that is good though.
  5. Spectre694 said:
    kamhagh said:
    i found SanDisk Extreme II , is that good?! 285GB is price of Gigabyte GTX760 !!!! 128GB is almost same as Adata one a little more expensive ! but much ! a little higher than H100i water cooling !


    What is your budget and system specs? that is good though.


    CPU: I5-3570K
    Motherboard: Asus P8B75-V
    Graphics card: Sapphire 7750 1GB
    Ram: (4x2)8GB Kingston hyperX blue 1600mhz
    HDD: WD Green 500GB 7200RPM
    CPU Cooler: Stock
    Fans: 2x140mm Intake front fans 1x120mm Exhaust fan
    Case: Green Dragon Pro
    PSU: Green 530W (CTW + Japanese capacitors but still can't trust it ! will change to HX750 soon)

    Btw most important thing for me is speed and price and lifespan ! if its worth it i would pay for it ! but not more than 242$ ! i feel like SSD is only upgrade needed for me ! i don't have time for games now ! and if i have i will play TF2 ! or a little bg in wow !

    Edit: wait, which one is good, the SanDisk one?:?
  6. Best answer
    Alright well assuming you are just doing regular stuff and not heavy reads and writes they should all last 10+ years.
    http://techreport.com/review/25889/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-500tb-update
    so it really comes down to size and price.

    The best ones are considered to be:
    Samsung 840 Pro
    Samsung 840 Evo
    San Disk Extreme II
    Crucial m500
    Intel
  7. Thanks !! Well i only read alot ! I guess almost 1gb each month at MOST But guess im gonna read a little more than avarage !
    Will post here results and other stuff when bought !
  8. btw toms hardware just posted this http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-recommendation-benchmark,3269.html :) reading but i will probably get one of the SSDs you mentioned i will first try to find Samsung and be 100% sure it can't be found !
  9. m500 has a pretty low MB/s at low depth queues ! is that important :o?
  10. The issue with ADATA ssd's isn't performance or reliability it's their drivers. I have a SX 900 that just went off in the mail for replacement when the new driver sent to me directly from ADATA diminished performance in the writes above the 128k mark by 40%. According to them one can't roll back drivers and so they insisted on replacing it. Nice but one major pain given it's the drive was compromised by their very own drivers.

    When the XPG SX series came out they also had driver issues that in time got the attention they needed but this recent experience to me underscores when it comes to drivers it seems ADATA hasn't got it's act together. For the time being given this experience I would chose another brand that takes the driver updates a little more seriously.
  11. Pibee said:
    The issue with ADATA ssd's isn't performance or reliability it's their drivers. I have a SX 900 that just went off in the mail for replacement when the new driver sent to me directly from ADATA diminished performance in the writes above the 128k mark by 40%. According to them one can't roll back drivers and so they insisted on replacing it. Nice but one major pain given it's the drive was compromised by their very own drivers.

    When the XPG SX series came out they also had driver issues that in time got the attention they needed but this recent experience to me underscores when it comes to drivers it seems ADATA hasn't got it's act together. For the time being given this experience I would chose another brand that takes the driver updates a little more seriously.


    i will put A-data my last option or even give up if i only found A-data!
  12. kamhagh said:
    m500 has a pretty low MB/s at low depth queues ! is that important :o?


    Honestly you probably won't notice much of a difference though low depth ques is most of your read/writes. where are you located that you can't find these drives?
  13. Spectre694 said:
    kamhagh said:
    m500 has a pretty low MB/s at low depth queues ! is that important :o?


    Honestly you probably won't notice much of a difference though low depth ques is most of your read/writes. where are you located that you can't find these drives?


    hell, or lets say iran
  14. kamhagh said:
    Spectre694 said:
    kamhagh said:
    m500 has a pretty low MB/s at low depth queues ! is that important :o?


    Honestly you probably won't notice much of a difference though low depth ques is most of your read/writes. where are you located that you can't find these drives?


    hell, or lets say iran


    Haha sounds exciting. but unfortunately I don't know what is available in your country. Someone else here probably does though.
  15. :D i will try my best but even theres a website which i dont know how to trust but for huge emout of more money they can buy me fr newegg or amazon and send it to me! (For SSDs i guess almodt double price for 64GB ones) its weight rated! And means no guaranty!

    Adata is available for sure but i will see tomarrow my city has 2 popular places which has lots of shops , lets say 150 i have to go inside each and ask ? Do you have SSD? :D i walked 2km when i was making my first custom pc!
  16. Kamhagh I just checked at HwBot and there are 530 Iranian Overclockers in the enthusiast league which leads me to suggest... you may want to search the web for Overclockers in Iran who I'm sure will have useful knowledge on where to get what locally, maybe worth a try :)

    Cheers
  17. :o ok i will try btw i commented and asked some people nobody answered! Maube its related to old, when everything was cheap and available ....;(
  18. I found 2 OCers one, was like me ;D but he didnt live in iran also i started making my pc at 14.4 years old im now 14.8 years old! I didnt had money for Z77 mobo but now i will get one ! Another guy was on iran but he said he made his own OCing components 0_o well some i saw people making water block by a coke can :D total price of 10$ at most:)

    Btw i also dont know exactly what to search for and do in persian ;(

    Also sorry for typos ! Im on bed with phone ;s

    I didnt knew there was pro OCer! I thought ocing is like increasing hz and multifier and looking for temp until it reachs near 78 :D and a little bit of luck! As i know it was mostly cooling the GPU / CPU !
  19. Well there you go Kamhagh fun story about the coke can water cooler I'd love to know how that works ?? :)
    In any event kept touch with that community and they will help you finding hardware locally. Yes there are OC'er from everywhere and a couple of very good ones from Iran.

    Cheers
  20. Pibee said:
    Well there you go Kamhagh fun story about the coke can water cooler I'd love to know how that works ?? :)
    In any event kept touch with that community and they will help you finding hardware locally. Yes there are OC'er from everywhere and a couple of very good ones from Iran.

    Cheers


    well , i didnt know xD i will ask them (he made a community named hardware ciry, im going to see how is that:D

    if you interested in can water block heres link its persian but there are pictures !

    i tried some forums before i got no answer and many of them didnt let me post anything on any forums :( no idea why but im looking !

    Edit: they turend Images into registered only:( will post if i find one !
  21. i dont really think i will get an answer there ! almost no replies in the whole website ! but anyway thanks everybody i will try and see what i can do :)
  22. kamhagh said:
    i dont really think i will get an answer there ! almost no replies in the whole website ! but anyway thanks everybody i will try and see what i can do :)


    Sorry to hear that. Good luck in your search though.
  23. i searched hours and hours .. nothing... :( i spend my whole day on nothing :( i got an office blower instead for cleaning my computer , it doesn't help much but not bad xD its soo powerful but not so much, its enough for cleaning:D
  24. just a little notify ! found 840 pro and evo for great price, no warranty, made another thread for see if it worth the risk!
  25. I'm assuming the no warranty is due to the company not actually distributing in Iran but I will say that if that is the only reason go for it as it's a great product with very good software to.
  26. Pibee, the ssd has warranty but iran doesnt have any official place to send it ! I could send it to the country its bought from i guess but that costs the same price as ssd ! Sending it there and taking it back ! Its so much !

    But i dont get it, theres low chance of damage and worth the performance and price ? The vendoe gave me 24 h or 1 week testing time
  27. It's a well liked product and that translates to it being a product with a lot of information about it available on the web to troubleshoot any issues you have.

    If however a reasonably accessible and practical warranty is a crucial aspect in your consideration then you have to limit your choices to products that offer such in Iran. The Samsung pro is generally speaking the enthusiast ssd of choice but that doesn't mean there aren't other products that will suit your needs so as you have been take your time and chose according to all your criterion's.

    I'm sure there will be some products that are available locally that do have full warranty servicing at considerably less than the full cost of replacement.Possibly another venue to examine is whether for an additional fee the vendor can offer a quick replacement insurance that would reduce the cost of, and time of, replacement should a problem arise.
  28. Pibee said:
    It's a well liked product and that translates to it being a product with a lot of information about it available on the web to troubleshoot any issues you have.

    If however a reasonably accessible and practical warranty is a crucial aspect in your consideration then you have to limit your choices to products that offer such in Iran. The Samsung pro is generally speaking the enthusiast ssd of choice but that doesn't mean there aren't other products that will suit your needs so as you have been take your time and chose according to all your criterion's.

    I'm sure there will be some products that are available locally that do have full warranty servicing at considerably less than the full cost of replacement.Possibly another venue to examine is whether for an additional fee the vendor can offer a quick replacement insurance that would reduce the cost of, and time of, replacement should a problem arise.


    Yes, but its Samsung 840! Im afraid he will sell it :( then i relize i made mistake but theres also intel 520 with 1 year warranty and also kingston hyler x 250 for a higher price of all and kc300 for a not bad price ! (Dont think its good ssd ) i asked this because i never had ssd and dont know how and when problems happen, if theres gonna be problems, is it in the first week or after a month?
    How likely are problems!

    Im in love with 840 but im also scared of warranty
  29. And BTW iran warrantys arent so good, evem i heard some picked parts from HDD and said its physical damage and got the hdd ! (It was making noise)anyway but its better than nothing and theres still good ones here !
    If they could fix the ssd its free ! I guess good ones give me a new one !

    Also sorry i just woke up, might have aome typos and mistakes :D
  30. Kamhagh here's a link to a wealth of information on SSD's and Tom's also has tons of reviews but in the end you're gonna have to make a move and buy something :) And there's always some risk when you make a decision... that's life.

    http://www.thessdreview.com/

    One thing we can say is that if you have a choice between a Samsung and an Intel you have a the good kind of problem as both are among the very best consumer SSD's out there today and from what I know the Intel is known for it's reliability far more than it's performance. Both are very solid products and if you can get a warranty with the Intel that you can't with the Samsung then in my opinion go for it.
  31. I think intel is my best option ! I couldn't trust kingaton for asd :(
    But thats also a little sad, i got super surprized and experienced an heart attack when i found samsung 840 :D but i think its not worth the risk , i cant wait to install win 8 on it ! ;D gonna post results!

    Btw, what im afraid is permanent damage of ssd not the fixable ones (damaged hardware )

    I almost never take riskes ;) well also only sent 1 thing to warranty :)
  32. A quick q begore buying , i havent updated my win but when i went to windows folder properties it said around 16 or 18 GB all my other files were around 64GB , so , is intels 120gb enough? Or im wrong ?
  33. I didnt really like vendor but finally , i bought it ! Yayay im in car https://www.dropbox.com/s/chff7z1qd2cbbzo/IMG_20140319_120201.jpg

    Thank you so much :D
  34. I need a little help , my sata power isnt felixable to reach two od them, it puts pressur on the hdd and ssd connector and dont let the cover close , what should i do?
  35. Delighted you made a purchase and I'm sure you'll enjoy the Intel very much, as for the new problem ... if I follow the power connector wire is too short... as the SSD has no mechanical parts connect the hdd and make sure it's in the case slot allocated for it and then connect the SSD and let it hang, with no moving parts it doesn't need to be held snugly in place like the HDD does.
  36. Thanks ! Makes me feel bad ;o :( but anyway i somehow managed to clean cablrs make a little space by using the included molex to sata for my hdd ! After connecting hdd i noticed its a little slow ! My hdd is horrible , lots of double data and .... Im formatting old win after backup and making a clean partition for data and make documents softwarr and others ! (All in one partition) btw thanks for helps :)


    I got 91GB free now after fresh win and amd drivers + logitech gaming software
  37. You're most welcome glad it's working out. From the link I posted above here's the SSD optimization guide that includes some useful insights and procedures you can apply to get the most out of your new drive.

    http://www.thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/the-ssd-optimization-guide-ultimate-windows-8-edition/

    Cheers Kamhagh
  38. Pibee said:
    You're most welcome glad it's working out. From the link I posted above here's the SSD optimization guide that includes some useful insights and procedures you can apply to get the most out of your new drive.

    http://www.thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/the-ssd-optimization-guide-ultimate-windows-8-edition/

    Cheers Kamhagh


    thanks reading tutorial !
    i got 13 seconds from button press to entering password (it takes less than second after that !)

    but it took 6 seconds to see post ! te windows logo showed up less than a seconds around 0.5 or eve 0.3 seconds !

    my bios psot time is set for 1 seconds
  39. Pibee said:
    You're most welcome glad it's working out. From the link I posted above here's the SSD optimization guide that includes some useful insights and procedures you can apply to get the most out of your new drive.

    http://www.thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/the-ssd-optimization-guide-ultimate-windows-8-edition/

    Cheers Kamhagh


    i made many cooll changed, lots of storage available now and im still on page 2 , but just something,

    im not sure what to do, some people say keep pagefile and some say dont, currently it has taken 12752MB ! its so much ! what should i do?! i also care much about lifespan of ssd!
  40. btw didnt get great results from ssd even thought this is more expensive :\ but who cares my system is fast and i love it :D :|
    crystal disk results:
    463.4 190.3
    402.6 191.9
    29.24 71.82
    139.36 186.3

    samsung almost gave 5x i guess ! but both times are incridble almsot same as samsung ones, at most 1 sec difference !
  41. I don't have a set answer for the pagefile issue and have tried both with a variety of settings as well as none, generally if you have enough RAM what you should do is experiment to see what works best on your rig for what you do.

    I run two OS's on two separate drives, the first for work set up with all sorts of programs where I make and edit images as well as run VMWare and actually a ton of other stuff, no gaming though. With 16G of ram the most I've ever set pagefiles at is 2G's and have never seemingly needed more and am happy to have the extra space.

    The second drive and os is very different in that it's set up for Benchmarking which I love to do. There I use less Ram and strip WIN 7 right down to it's barebones, no pagefiles no Hyperfiles few fonts as well as a variety of other tweaks... always experimenting, and modifying settings depending on what benchmark I'm hoping to better.

    I've never tried but I doubt the benchmarking set up work work well in everyday usage which is the point I'm hoping highlight being that when you leave the store bought default settings behind and are specifically trying to get more out of your gear it requires a little experimentation so try with no pagefile, half or a third as in the end it's very easy to change so have fun finding the right fit for what you do :)
  42. yesterday, i put my windows update to run trough night . after i woke up i saw my pc has lost 7GB of storage ! no idea what filled it !

    i ran registry clean and many things, now i got 94.5 GB free of 111 which used to be 102GB free ! my Bitdefender common files are also 1GB !

    TreeSize says my WindowsApps folder is 1GB ! i see it as 0 on my explorer !
    also windows folder is 18GB here which used to be around 11 or ... ! atmost 16GB!

    are these normal ? anyway to fix them !

    sorry if it seems stupid,
  43. Kamhagh Hard to say what's going on have a look in the installed updates to see if you can identify the what it was.
  44. Pibee said:
    Kamhagh Hard to say what's going on have a look in the installed updates to see if you can identify the what it was.


    it was 101 updates ! , none of them shows size :( dont know exactly why it happened :(
  45. Well this type of issue may be hard to resolve remotely and i only have one hunch/guess left for now which is... see if you can locate a file folder entitled "symbols" and determine the size ... it is usually large and I'm only guessing that it "might?" "maybe?" help explain the 7gigs. Probably > c:\symbols

    As I mentioned above I use two drives loaded with Win7 and the one I strip down for Benchmarking in which I remove the symbols files, but I don't bother doing that with my everyday use drive as I have more than enough space 250G and symbols would be necessary to run debugging process.

    You can learn more about what it is and it's purpose here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff558823%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

    Also re-check that your pagefile wasn't reset to a huge amount after the updates... beyond that Kamhagh ??
  46. Pibee said:
    Well this type of issue may be hard to resolve remotely and i only have one hunch/guess left for now which is... see if you can locate a file folder entitled "symbols" and determine the size ... it is usually large and I'm only guessing that it "might?" "maybe?" help explain the 7gigs. Probably > c:\symbols

    As I mentioned above I use two drives loaded with Win7 and the one I strip down for Benchmarking in which I remove the symbols files, but I don't bother doing that with my everyday use drive as I have more than enough space 250G and symbols would be necessary to run debugging process.

    You can learn more about what it is and it's purpose here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff558823%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

    Also re-check that your pagefile wasn't reset to a huge amount after the updates... beyond that Kamhagh ??


    Main size wad common files and windows apps and windows folder ! I will try that i also guessed few things ! Also at windows update it changed few settings !! I will check whenni get home ;)
  47. Whenever you run Windows Update, Windows makes backups in case you decide to roll back the update. These backups are stored in C:\Windows\winsxs\. Here is more info on the subject: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8a152824-5d02-450a-adff-4fe51fe613a2/cleanup-winsxs-folder-of-windows-7-sp1?forum=w7itproperf
    And here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/askpfeplat/archive/2013/10/08/breaking-news-reduce-the-size-of-the-winsxs-directory-and-free-up-disk-space-with-a-new-update-for-windows-7-sp1-clients.aspx

    It took me a while of digging to find this info, but I knew that it was in there somewhere. On my system, the winsxs folder contains 48,130 files in 12,006 folders occupying 8.21 GB of space! Quite substantial!. I am about to apply the fix and attempt a new disk clean-up.

    Yogi
  48. One just has to love Tom's HW community well done Yogi all good to know Cheers
  49. Just ran the Cleanup and rebooted. Winsxs is still 7.27 GB. Not as big a reduction as I had hoped for.

    Yogi
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Storage ADATA Samsung