Solved

Poor system performance help!

ever since i built my system i've had many problems in certain games. i just got AC4 the other day and everything runs great, but every ten seconds my fps drops 20-25 frames for no reason. the problem is fixed when i turn off vsync, but then i get massive screen tearing. also in the middle of gaming my windows will say that it's detected slow performance. Battlefield 3 is also unplayable for me, i can get 60+ fps on any setting then randomly i get slight fps stutters. i have the same issues in DayZ, i can be getting 50 fps then ill drop to around 20. heres my setup- AMD FX- 8350 4.1ghz
GTX 770 2gb
RAM 8gb
Gigabyte 970A-UD3
Corsair 600w
500gb hdd
Win 7 64bit
i have tried numerous things to fix my gaming performance like unparking cores etc. im thinking about selling off my 8350 and motherboard and getting an i5 or something. what do you think the problem is? -Thanks
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about poor system performance
  1. What kind of monitor do you have? You have a solid gaming system, but do you have a cheap monitor that's not designed for the type of gaming you're doing?
  2. James Mason said:
    What kind of monitor do you have? You have a solid gaming system, but do you have a cheap monitor that's not designed for the type of gaming you're doing?

    this is my monitor- aoc 950swn
  3. Hmm, well your system blows your monitor out of the water, got any friends with better monitors that you could test your comp on?
  4. James Mason said:
    Hmm, well your system blows your monitor out of the water, got any friends with better monitors that you could test your comp on?


    unfortunately not :/
  5. Best answer
    I wonder if your computer is throttling itself down due to heat issues, get some temperature monitoring software like SpeedFan and see what temps your CPU/GPU get while you're gaming.
  6. James Mason said:
    I wonder if your computer is throttling itself down due to heat issues, get some temperature monitoring software like SpeedFan and see what temps your CPU/GPU get while you're gaming.


    ok so i downloaded the speedfan and it said my GPU is getting up to 52c while playing
  7. any thoughts?
  8. Uhh, have you tried lower graphics settings?
  9. James Mason said:
    Uhh, have you tried lower graphics settings?


    yea i have tried, it doesnt seem to affect my fps stutters at all :(

    thnx for the help though
  10. So it's definitely not your GPU that's overheating, what does Speedfan or HWMonitor say your processor temp at load is?
  11. Also, your motherboard does officially support your processor, but only after updating to at least the F7 BIOS--what BIOS revision are you on?

    If you're using less than F7, try updating to the latest BIOS here: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3907#bios
  12. s4in7 said:
    Also, your motherboard does officially support your processor, but only after updating to at least the F7 BIOS--what BIOS revision are you on?

    If you're using less than F7, try updating to the latest BIOS here: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3907#bios


    Thanks! i looked it up and it says i am NOT on the latest revision, i will try updating my bios. here is a screenshot of my CPU while playing games -
  13. It says that my revision is FA, i dont see that on the gigabyte page though
  14. I would download F8a and flash that--best case scenario you didn't have that revision and now you do. Worst case scenario you did have that revision and reflashing it doesn't hurt anything.
  15. s4in7 said:
    I would download F8a and flash that--best case scenario you didn't have that revision and now you do. Worst case scenario you did have that revision and reflashing it doesn't hurt anything.


    ok thanks, here is the other revision that i found -http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4396#bios
    it says in the download section that there is an FB and a FC, should i get one of those? or get the F8a
  16. You have revision 3.0 of the 970A-UD3 so yes you need the FC BIOS revision, not the F8a.
  17. alright so i updated my bios to the latest version, hasn't seemed to fixed anything though. any more ideas? or any tests i can run on my computer
Ask a new question

Read More

Performance Video Games Games FPS