Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I just want to know if there are any drivers for a Dell Latitude D610 running windows7? with out someone trying to make a fast

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
Anonymous
March 10, 2014 7:52:35 PM

I'm looking for driver that are compatible with Win7. I have not had any luck at find a video driver that is up to date for my Dell latitude D610. All I have found is a whole lot software providers how want to sell me they're software to give me those drivers. I should not nor should any one else for that matter. Have to pay some ripoff artist to find those drivers. If they even exist in the fist place. Can any one point me in the right direction to find what I need for my laptop? And before anyone say go to Dell's website. I have and found some drivers but not the one I need to make full use of Windows Pro on my PC. Thank you I'll be looking forward to see my result here.

More about : drivers dell latitude d610 running windows7 make fast

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
March 10, 2014 8:23:58 PM

do you have the intel or amd
m
0
l
Anonymous
March 10, 2014 8:30:27 PM

te100 said:
do you have the intel or amd


m
0
l
Anonymous
March 10, 2014 8:41:29 PM

Thanks for the quick question. To my knowledge it is Intel. At least that is the information Dell has on my PC. Now that you've ask me that. I have a question. Can I upgrade the video card which is as far as I know is integrated into the mother? Or at least that is what I have been able to find out about the Latitude series. I have also seen some Tec's say it is part of the chipset. Don't know how true that is sense you read a lot BS online. Well thank you for your question hope that the info I give give you an answer to my question about the drivers.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
March 11, 2014 6:48:30 AM

No you cannot upgrade graphics card. If its intel try going to intel and download the chipset drivers from there it should include the video.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 11, 2014 8:38:54 AM

Pjil96,

D610 is almost ten years old, and it was designed to run XP. So, unless Windows 7 did not pick up all the necessary drivers by itself, you have to dig out the hardware IDs of unrecognised drivers, and hunt for them on their manufacturer's sites.

What drivers are you missing? Can you post a picture from the Device Manager?
m
0
l
Anonymous
March 11, 2014 1:50:28 PM

te100 said:
No you cannot upgrade graphics card. If its intel try going to intel and download the chipset drivers from there it should include the video.


m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 11, 2014 1:56:11 PM

It's possible your PC isn't "windows 7 compatible" which was a concern 4 years ago when your 6 year old computer would have still been very old in PC terms.
m
0
l
Anonymous
March 11, 2014 1:56:41 PM

I have been to Intel several times. I did finally manage to to get the info I needed to check what they had. And they do not have nor do they plan on writing any new driver updates for this Chipset.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 11, 2014 1:59:20 PM

Anonymous said:
I have been to Intel several times. I did finally manage to to get the info I needed to check what they had. And they do not have nor do they plan on writing any new driver updates for this Chipset.


Then you're out of luck and need to get a new PC if you want to use windows 7.... that's getting harder as microsoft is really trying to get PC makers to not use windows 7.... pretty sure you can't even find many that will sell you windows 7 pcs unless you go to their business site.
m
0
l
Anonymous
March 11, 2014 2:14:25 PM

Every thing on this six year old is compatible with Windows7. Except the Chipset which Intel has rendered obsolete by not providing driver updates. I will check with the Tec's at Dell some time this week. To see what they say. Most likely I'll end up getting a hold of one of they're A Holes. Instead of one of they're Tec's who are there for the customer. Thanks for suggestions every one. But it seems I don't need your help after all. I just need more patients.
m
0
l

Best solution

May 25, 2014 10:23:32 PM

Anonymous said:
I'm looking for driver that are compatible with Win7. I have not had any luck at find a video driver that is up to date for my Dell latitude D610. All I have found is a whole lot software providers how want to sell me they're software to give me those drivers. I should not nor should any one else for that matter. Have to pay some ripoff artist to find those drivers. If they even exist in the fist place. Can any one point me in the right direction to find what I need for my laptop? And before anyone say go to Dell's website. I have and found some drivers but not the one I need to make full use of Windows Pro on my PC. Thank you I'll be looking forward to see my result here.


the file you need cannot be found anywhere on dell.com. apparently hp used the same graphics card on a windows vista laptop and took the time to update the driver. lucky me lucky you

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAG...

file you want is sp34749.exe

when the file runs ignore message "not compatible with operating system"
just update the driver via device manager.

i personally own 2 D610 and use one at work. not about to spend any more money than i need to keep using these gems i bought on craigslist last year for $100 each.
Share
July 1, 2014 9:44:25 PM

kauaian said:
Anonymous said:
I'm looking for driver that are compatible with Win7. I have not had any luck at find a video driver that is up to date for my Dell latitude D610. All I have found is a whole lot software providers how want to sell me they're software to give me those drivers. I should not nor should any one else for that matter. Have to pay some ripoff artist to find those drivers. If they even exist in the fist place. Can any one point me in the right direction to find what I need for my laptop? And before anyone say go to Dell's website. I have and found some drivers but not the one I need to make full use of Windows Pro on my PC. Thank you I'll be looking forward to see my result here.


the file you need cannot be found anywhere on dell.com. apparently hp used the same graphics card on a windows vista laptop and took the time to update the driver. lucky me lucky you

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAG...

file you want is sp34749.exe

when the file runs ignore message "not compatible with operating system"
just update the driver via device manager.

i personally own 2 D610 and use one at work. not about to spend any more money than i need to keep using these gems i bought on craigslist last year for $100 each.


Just ran this in compatibility mode, (Vista SP2) on Windows 8, and it works perfect! Thanks!
m
0
l
!