Solved

Blue Screen of Death while Gaming - Please Help!

Here is some details about my PC:

Windows 7 64 bit Professional - Service Pack 1
AsusTek - P8Z68 V Pro
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 3.30 Ghz
Corsair CMZ 16GX3M4A1600C9 - 16GB DDR3 RAM (4x4)
Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5

I can browse online for hours - no problem at all - computer is fine

However, I start playing any form of game or watch some video in 1080p, and I feel like my computer is playing Russian Roulette with the Blue Screen of Death.

Happens frequently and in the middle of Dota 2 / Witcher 2 games and it is driving me nuts. Basically any "intense" game that I am playing. Computer will BSOD and I will get the following message.

Dump File 031014-14710-01.dmp
Crash Time 10/03/2014 9:43:48 PM
Bug Check String
Bug Check Code 0x00000124
Parameter 1 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 fffffa80`0f8f3028
Parameter 3 00000000`be200000
Parameter 4 00000000`0005110a
Caused by Driver hal.dll
Caused by Address hal.dll+12a3b
Processor x64
Crash Address ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0
Full Path C:\Windows\Minidump\031014-14710-01.dmp
Processors 4
Major Version 15
Minor 7601
Dump File Size 297,320
Dump File Time 10/03/2014 9:45:16 PM

I got the above info from BlueScreenView
If anyone could help - I would really really appreciate!
If more info is needed, please let me know and I will provide as best as I can
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about blue screen death gaming
  1. What's your power supply? Right off the bat it sounds like your power supply isn't handling the loads being required by the GPU.
  2. g-unit1111 said:
    What's your power supply? Right off the bat it sounds like your power supply isn't handling the loads being required by the GPU.


    The PSU I have is :Seasonic X760 Gold ATX 12V 24PIN 750W Active - would this be sufficient or not?

    Some more info - I have had this computer since Sept 2011
    I use to game all night on it .. no problems..

    However, the past few months, the BSOD has been popping up more frequently (while gaming) to the point where I have stopped gaming.

    I decided let me try my luck tonight. First Dota game I start to play - computer gives me the BSOD 10 minutes into the game.

    Again - any help here would be appreciative.
  3. GinXT said:
    g-unit1111 said:
    What's your power supply? Right off the bat it sounds like your power supply isn't handling the loads being required by the GPU.


    The PSU I have is :Seasonic X760 Gold ATX 12V 24PIN 750W Active - would this be sufficient or not?


    A Seasonic X760 is among the best on the market - that doesn't sound like the problem. Have you added or changed any hardware recently?
  4. g-unit1111 said:
    GinXT said:
    g-unit1111 said:
    What's your power supply? Right off the bat it sounds like your power supply isn't handling the loads being required by the GPU.


    The PSU I have is :Seasonic X760 Gold ATX 12V 24PIN 750W Active - would this be sufficient or not?


    A Seasonic X760 is among the best on the market - that doesn't sound like the problem. Have you added or changed any hardware recently?


    The only hardware that I added recently was a microsoft lifecam... however, that was over 6 months ago.
    I have not made any hardware changes since I originally built the computer back in Sept 2011 .
  5. Best answer
    You're experiencing this problem because your computer has some shell-extensions which are not functioning properly. There are other possibilities like memory problems, etc.

    Correct the problem by disabling all third party shell-extensions. If the problem still persists, click Start, type "Windows Memory Diagnostic" and press ENTER. Click "Restart now and check for problems" button.

    Scan and repair problematic system settings. I hope you won't experience this problem again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Computers Games Windows 7 Blue Screen