Solved

Motherboard that supports the AMD FX-Series 8-core

I've been looking at the Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z and it says it supports 140W CPU's. The AMD FX-9590 8-Core runs at what looks like 220W.

Will that MoBo run that processor at full speeds? If not what will?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboard supports amd series core
  1. i don't think you will be able to run your cpu(Fx-9590) in that board. When loading the cpu, chances of vram failing will be at maximum.
  2. brarboy said:
    i don't think you will be able to run your cpu(Fx-9590) in that board. When loading the cpu, chances of vram failing will be at maximum.


    Damn, this OP tricked me so hard for not clicking into his link.......I give up on this forum.

    Anyways, FX-8350 or FX-8320 (8 cores) will be supported, whereas FX-9590 (8 cores) will not.
  3. May I ask why are you considering this CPU? With 220W your electricity bill will increase. Read some reviews prior to buying it.
  4. IDontUnderstand said:
    brarboy said:
    i don't think you will be able to run your cpu(Fx-9590) in that board. When loading the cpu, chances of vram failing will be at maximum.


    Damn, this OP tricked me so hard for not clicking into his link.......I give up on this forum.

    Anyways, FX-8350 or FX-8320 (8 cores) will be supported, whereas FX-9590 (8 cores) will not.


    thanks for the cpu support list though :D
  5. EasyLover said:
    May I ask why are you considering this CPU? With 220W your electricity bill will increase. Read some reviews prior to buying it.


    I am considering this CPU because it's a means of "I don't have to upgrade for a while.". And I'd like to see what it feels like to have something that fast. Of course it will take up more power but that doesn't mean much to me. So now that we have an answer of "No.", what board WILL run it?

    brarboy said:
    i don't think you will be able to run your cpu(Fx-9590) in that board. When loading the cpu, chances of vram failing will be at maximum.


    A lot of the reviews I'm seeing are saying that the Asus Crosshair V-Formula Z is the only MoBo people can find that DOES support it. I'm super confused now.
  6. Best answer
    CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
    Source: http://www.asus.com/support/CPU/1/24/Crosshair_V_FormulaZ/
    SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
    Source: https://www.asus.com/support/CPU/1/24/SABERTOOTH_990FX_R20/
    M5A99FX PRO R2.0
    Source: https://www.asus.com/support/CPU/1/24/M5A99FX_PRO_R20/

    There are more from other brands like ASRock and Gigabyte, but I was visiting the ASUS website, so I just grabbed these.
  7. IDontUnderstand said:
    brarboy said:
    i don't think you will be able to run your cpu(Fx-9590) in that board. When loading the cpu, chances of vram failing will be at maximum.


    Damn, this OP tricked me so hard for not clicking into his link.......I give up on this forum.

    Anyways, FX-8350 or FX-8320 (8 cores) will be supported, whereas FX-9590 (8 cores) will not.


    IDontUnderstand said:
    CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
    Source: http://www.asus.com/support/CPU/1/24/Crosshair_V_FormulaZ/
    SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
    Source: https://www.asus.com/support/CPU/1/24/SABERTOOTH_990FX_R20/
    M5A99FX PRO R2.0
    Source: https://www.asus.com/support/CPU/1/24/M5A99FX_PRO_R20/

    There are more from other brands like ASRock and Gigabyte, but I was visiting the ASUS website, so I just grabbed these.


    Isn't the first one, the one I linked to at the beginning?
  8. Oh darn it, I've been on the forum for more than 16 hours today, I think I need to sleep....

    Well yeah, Formula-Z will work.

    More motherboards

    GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 4.0) http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4672
    GA-990FXA-UD5 (rev. 3.0) http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4455
    GA-990FXA-UD7 (rev. 3.0) http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4658
  9. IDontUnderstand said:
    Oh darn it, I've been on the forum for more than 16 hours today, I think I need to sleep....

    Well yeah, Formula-Z will work.


    Yay, thanks for all the trouble. I was confused out of my mind.
Ask a new question

Read More

Core Motherboards CPUs AMD Asus Formula