4870 vs 7770

hardrock152

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Too long to read:
-Should I reuse my radeon HIS 7770 graphics card or my uncle's old 4870 for a Frankenstein build for my girlfriend (games played sims 3 and stick of truth)?

Full Story:

This is just a quick question (a strange comparrison I know). My uncle just had me build him a new computer and I have him a 7950 in his new build. He gave me his old computer which I took apart and am reusing a few pieces from for a build for my girlfriend. The graphics card in the old build is a 4870 in pretty decent shape. My girlfriend only plays sims and south park stick of truth.

This is where the question comes in, I am also replacing my HIS radeon 7770 with an xfx r9 270x, but my 7770 is still in great shape. So needless to say I will be reusing one of these cards, and I would assume that the 7770 is a better card. I figured however I would ask the nice tom community which they believe is a better choice for her needs.

Extra Computer info:
-fx 6300
-msi g46
-8GB Ballistix ram
-corsair cxm500 power supply

Solution
7770 is better. Use that.

That's assuming you don't have a better use for it. If it's just gonna collect dust, there's no reason to not put into your girlfriend's build.