Solved

Problems with GPU!!! HELP !!!

Hello so i just found out the my gpu has a boost clock that goes up ot 725 Mhz but i never got more than than 625 and bandwidth 64 but it says it should go up to 72. Can anyone explain this to me?
Also i tried to overclock it so i installed msi afterburner but when when i oppeded it was already set at max which was Clock Speed 625 and Memory Speed 1000 i only can downclock it .
Please help me.
I am getting Frustrated!
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problems gpu
  1. wha is the card pls?
  2. My graphic card is a AMD Radeon 8850M and laptop Dell Inspirion 3537
  3. Trezero said:
    wha is the card pls?


    Amd Radeon 8850M
  4. are you having problems out of it? or just a pet peeve to see it max? i believe the problem could be (1) Laptop or (2) Dell
  5. i am just curious if i am getting the max performance out of it. And why i cant overclock it
  6. Best answer
    First of all, you don't really want to overclock a laptop graphics card, I don't even think the 8850M will let you overclock it. Overclocking is not for people who don't understand exactly what thy're doing.

    Second, the card won't be at its max clock of 725 unless it's under a very heavy load. The clock rates scale down and up along with the demands of your computer, so what you see is fairly normal.

    If you really want to see if your card will go up to 725, download some benchmarking or stress-testing software and see what it's capable of.
  7. argeru said:
    First of all, you don't really want to overclock a laptop graphics card, I don't even think the 8850M will let you overclock it. Overclocking is not for people who don't understand exactly what thy're doing.

    Second, the card won't be at its max clock of 725 unless it's under a very heavy load. The clock rates scale down and up along with the demands of your computer, so what you see is fairly normal.

    If you really want to see if your card will go up to 725, download some benchmarking or stress-testing software and see what it's capable of.


    i used Unigine Heaven and FurMark. Same result 625...
  8. laptops are generally not designed to be high end and pushed to limits. they can be confused into running beyond their parameters. however they are made to run fine at what they are defaulted at. most laptops use a feature which utilizes both the onboard video and "discreet" at the same time and or swapping between the two as "IT" sees fit. you are probably having the onboard gpu take some of the load of the AMD and vice versa so never fully maxing out either. you can change a setting in nvidia carded laptops to manage 3d on discreet and physx on the onboard. you will have to find the amd equivilent, and be able to access it with in Dell's Bloat. But even changing these setting will offer little performance if any and more than likely give you a less than desired experience. of course this answer is my personal opinion and experience. i turn it over to anyone with better experience on laptops and m series cards.
  9. Trezero said:
    laptops are generally not designed to be high end and pushed to limits. they can be confused into running beyond their parameters. however they are made to run fine at what they are defaulted at. most laptops use a feature which utilizes both the onboard video and "discreet" at the same time and or swapping between the two as "IT" sees fit. you are probably having the onboard gpu take some of the load of the AMD and vice versa so never fully maxing out either. you can change a setting in nvidia carded laptops to manage 3d on discreet and physx on the onboard. you will have to find the amd equivilent, and be able to access it with in Dell's Bloat. But even changing these setting will offer little performance if any and more than likely give you a less than desired experience. of course this answer is my personal opinion and experience. i turn it over to anyone with better experience on laptops and m series cards.


    One more question :D Do you any way that i can try to overclock my gpu at least for 1 %?
  10. an overclock of 1% will not do much of anything for your laptops performance, and like trezero said the system is designed to run comfortably the way it is. If you try and overclock it you will automatically void your warranty and possibly damage your components
  11. argeru said:
    an overclock of 1% will not do much of anything for your laptops performance, and like trezero said the system is designed to run comfortably the way it is. If you try and overclock it you will automatically void your warranty and possibly damage your components


    Yes i know it wouldnt do anything i just want to find out how to overclock this one, on my other laptop i can overclock it without problems.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Amd Mobile Graphics AMD Dell 3537 Mobility Radeon Dell Inspiron GPUs Graphics Cards Radeon