Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Two PC Setup for Streaming, need help on encoding PC build

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 11, 2014 10:06:44 PM

I am about to build a second PC to handle encoding a Twitch stream. This PC will do nothing but encode my stream. I have most of the specs down, but I am unsure about the motherboard, heat sink, and power supply. I was hoping for some suggestions. Any advice is appreciated.

Current Specs:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Amazon)
Capture Card: AVerMedia Live Gamer HD ($174.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($85.69 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $795.62
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-12 00:59 EDT-0400)
March 11, 2014 10:29:31 PM

it is a revision of your build with the best bang for the buck parts
i5 is enough for encoding. heatsink included
2x 4GB ram for dual channel
cheaper ssd 240GB
cheaper and smaller case
small PSU for efficient pc

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($174.29 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($53.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case ($44.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $503.22
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-12 01:27 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
March 12, 2014 7:59:04 AM

Would the stock heat sink be sufficient for that computer?
m
0
l
Related resources
March 12, 2014 8:18:32 AM

AMD Radeon said:
it is a revision of your build with the best bang for the buck parts
i5 is enough for encoding. heatsink included
2x 4GB ram for dual channel
cheaper ssd 240GB
cheaper and smaller case
small PSU for efficient pc

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($174.29 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($53.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case ($44.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $503.22
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-12 01:27 EDT-0400)


+1
m
0
l
March 12, 2014 5:07:07 PM

everyone here making non-OC PC will use stock heatsink, intel design it. only OC gaming pc requires aftermarket cooler
m
0
l
March 12, 2014 7:09:39 PM

AMD Radeon said:
everyone here making non-OC PC will use stock heatsink, intel design it. only OC gaming pc requires aftermarket cooler


This is a lie. Most people will use Hyper 212 Evo or equivelent. They want quiet PC's too, and lower temps.
m
0
l
March 13, 2014 5:41:30 PM

I think that I have settled on this build. I want to splurge on the CPU since encoding a stream mainly uses processing power, and I might OC in the future. I only have two questions left.

1. Since I plan to OC in the future, should I buy an aftermarket heat sink right now?

2. Will the 430W power supply be sufficient?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($312.99 @ NCIX US)
Capture Card: AVerMedia Live Gamer HD ($174.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($107.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $915.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-13 20:37 EDT-0400)
m
0
l

Best solution

March 13, 2014 5:43:28 PM

cone0 said:
I think that I have settled on this build. I want to splurge on the CPU since encoding a stream mainly uses processing power, and I might OC in the future. I only have two questions left.

1. Since I plan to OC in the future, should I buy an aftermarket heat sink right now?

2. Will the 430W power supply be sufficient?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($312.99 @ NCIX US)
Capture Card: AVerMedia Live Gamer HD ($174.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($107.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $915.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-13 20:37 EDT-0400)


Since your overclocking you might wanna go for a 550W?

Get a 212 Evo
Share
March 13, 2014 6:29:33 PM

Go with a XFX seasonic,or corsair(non CX) 550 watt for over clocking. Like these,
Corsair RM550 watt, ect
m
0
l
!