i5 HD 4600 for 720p gaming at lowest settings

ganudvd

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
Im on tight budget
Want to know if I can use igpu of i5 4440 to play latest games at lowest settings @ 720p
Or should I get a hd 6670 now with FX 6300
Or an i5 4440 now wait for 1 year and get a 250$ GPU

Solution

I was looking at flipkart and if you could get the extra I would REALLY recommend the 750 ti its 12500 rupees but if you really cant thats not a bad build and also the PSU will leave pleanty of room to upgrade.

Gracodana

Distinguished

wait until christmas you will get it for much cheaper or atleast wait for a bit because that isn't a very good build build as is mybe this might suit your budget
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Gracodana/saved/3i9B
take the ram down to four and the hard drive to a normal one but hopefully this will be good

You might be able to play some of the less demanding games out there, but I wouldn't count on playing anything extremely demanding like Battlefield, Crysis 3, and the upcoming Watch Dogs if the system requirements are anything to go by.

I wouldn't spend a year trying to play games on the Intel HD 4600, you really need a discrete graphics card, and probably one better than the HD 6670, which is getting quite outdated, and also may not be enough for some of the more demanding games out there. If you want more help with coming up with a build, state what your actual budget is, and which country you live in.

Depends what your 'tight budget' is. If your talking the $550 (seems like everyone got the same tax rebate) then honestly just buy a console because in a year's time the tech will be quite different as well as the demands can be (typical of the PC market space). A PS3/360 is under $200 and works just perfectly for even 'demanding games' because they all have to adhere to the console's hardware to be authorized to be sold for that platform. Otherwise there is no reasonable way to get a gaming PC for the 2013-2014 games (BF4, AC3, etc.) for under $700, when your buying 'everything'.

As this is a 'forward' investment (your not planning every 12-18 months to replace almost everything in the computer) it is best if you pump in the right amount of money now for tomorrow. So the extra $100 or so can easily make a better system then just focusing on 'my tight budget'. For example I seen listed on Slickdeals.net a Lenovo i7 Haswell for $590, which then only needs a PSU (PCPickparts 600w for $90) then the GPU of choice ($149-$499) added and you got a system typically able to 1080p, 64man map BF4, Ultra settings, for 60FPS or more (depending on the card).

ganudvd

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
I live in India
Here my budget is about 35000 (~550 $)
It can either buy me a fx6300w/6670 or hd 7770 max
Or an i5 4th gen w/hd4600 igpu
However I'll get 15000rs (250$) after June 2015
So I can get a better GPU at that time

I've seen some YouTube videos where hd4600 is able to play BF4 @ 720p lowest settings with 30fps
I'm not a gaming freak
So I don't need 60fps with eye candy effects
I'll be happy with 30fps (visual effects and graphics are not important)
My monitor supports max res of 1366x768

And buying gaming consoles will not be allowed by my parent

Out of those options, I'd take the FX 6300 with an HD 7770. The HD 4600 really isn't that great for gaming, older titles will work, but more demanding games will struggle with it. For a competitive online shooter like Battlefield, you do not want a 30FPS average framerate, as it will kill your reaction times and leave you vulnerable to attack while your computer is struggling to render the scene when things get busy on screen. The 7770 is considered an entry level gaming card these days, but as long as you don't want to crank everything up to maximum settings at 1080p, it should definitely last you a while, certainly until you can afford a better card further down the line.

I personally wouldn't bother with the APUs because their CPU component is weak, and will bottleneck higher end cards if he does wish to upgrade later. While AMD's integrated graphics are better than Intel's, they're still not that great in really demanding games like Battlefield, and would at best maybe offer similar performance to the FX 6300 and 6670 combo, though probably worse.

Gracodana

Distinguished

the performance wont be amazing but good enough you will get by at 720p and the 6670 and fx 6300 is a pretty bad deal in my opinion because you will waste money on a card that you will just replace in a couple of months to a year. ether go with i5 or an APU is my recommendation

ganudvd

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
Sorry to tell you guys lately
But I don't play any multiplayer
Single player is not very cpu demanding
Thinking of that If I buy an fx6300 will it last for 3 years for single player games @720p

I'd still take the FX 6300 paired with a discrete GPU over any of the APUs, even if you aren't playing Battlefield multiplayer. The APUs are already having trouble with some games now, and not just multiplayer, the APUs don't do all that great and Crysis 3 single player either. I don't think any of the APUs will be all that great for gaming in 3 years time. A big problem the APUs have is the lack of L3 cache, which really hurts their CPU performance. The APUs also only go up to 4 cores, which isn't a good thing when AMD's current architecture has poor per core performance, and is reliant on higher core counts to make up for that weakness. The 6300 has a better chance of being viable three years from now than the APUs do.

Short answer NO. There is more demand on the CPU and system overall, each new game needs 'more, be it the physics now instilled on why a mortar does Y damage but a .45 Colt does X damage, or how 'coordinated' the A.I is to work against you. 3 or more years ago I remember you could use a Handgun AS effectively as a Mounted Machine gun on the same wall. I also remember easier 'spawn points' to avoid or 'corridor' pinning the AI against a wall/etc. so you can headshot the 'dumb' A.I. Simple fact, even with "single player games @720P".

See my previous response if you want to "last for 3 years" on the games being issued in 2015, 2016, and 2017. If you want that sort of guarantee, as I said, go Consoles. PS3/360s been working just fine for 10 years and still going, can't be said for any PC to 'game' like that for HALF that time.

Gracodana

Distinguished

does anything on pc look quite as bad as it does on the PS3 and xbox 360, I thought not pc will look better and always will even on low end pc's you get somthing that is a better experiance. go with the i5 and get a 760 or 750 ti later or get the APU and do the same thing later. thats my personal recommendation

mohit9206

Distinguished
Go with core i3+7750 since you are only interested in single player games i3 will be better than amd also it will eat less power.Also 7750 instead of 7770 because in India low quality and fake power supply will not be able to handle more than 7750.

ganudvd

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
So my parents agreed to give me about 40000rs (660$)
And I can't take i3 because I love to convert videos that requires good CPU (+ I need less conversion times)
Decided to go with 3rd gen i5 3330 that I'm getting @ 10000rs(165$ )
And a MSI HD 7770 rs 8200 (130$)
A corsair cx430 3200rs (50$)
Can I run a i5 with HD 7770 on corsair cx430 (I'll not be over clocking anything )
Will I need a motherboard having vrm heat sinks if I'm not over clocking

Gracodana

Distinguished

I was looking at flipkart and if you could get the extra I would REALLY recommend the 750 ti its 12500 rupees but if you really cant thats not a bad build and also the PSU will leave pleanty of room to upgrade.

Solution