Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

trying to build a computer that can run skyrim on max with a limit around 700-750 with windows 7 included

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Wireless Network
  • Windows 7
  • Skyrim
Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 12, 2014 1:33:10 PM

If needed i can stretch the price to 800, just looking to play skyrim max with some mods.
If you could just leave a list of computer builds below for me to look into id be more than pleased, i would like to have a wireless adaptor as well as i only have a wireless connection in my household.

More about : build computer run skyrim max limit 700 750 windows included

a b 4 Gaming
a b $ Windows 7
March 12, 2014 1:45:34 PM

Pretty tight build)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8120 3.1GHz 8-Core Processor ($139.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.98 @ OutletPC)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N150PCe 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($13.68 @ Amazon)
Total: $799.58
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-12 16:45 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
March 12, 2014 2:01:07 PM

Ahmadjon said:
Pretty tight build)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8120 3.1GHz 8-Core Processor ($139.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.98 @ OutletPC)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N150PCe 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($13.68 @ Amazon)
Total: $799.58
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-12 16:45 EDT-0400)


THANKS IT LOOKS AWESOME, is there a way it can get cheaper or would this be what you'd recommend?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b $ Windows 7
March 12, 2014 2:03:28 PM

I tried to find cheapest and solid build!!!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b $ Windows 7
March 12, 2014 2:14:43 PM

An 8 core processor is kind of a waste for Skyrim...
m
0
l
March 12, 2014 2:16:39 PM

Ahmadjon said:
I tried to find cheapest and solid build!!!


thats fine! thanks for the help!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 12, 2014 2:16:49 PM

Uh...don't get the FX 8120. Bulldozer core. >.<.

Get the FX 8320 if at all possible. Or even an FX 6300 and good cooler to overclock it.

The ASRock 970 Extreme 3 board is a great board for the FX 6300 6 core CPU. But a 990FX board with 8+2 power phase would be better for an 8 core CPU like the 8320. It would still work on a 970 board, but won't be able to OC as high as safely due to cpu current draw.

Everything else looks OK.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 12, 2014 2:18:05 PM

James Mason said:
An 8 core processor is kind of a waste for Skyrim...


100% true...which is why I mention the FX 6300 above. Also a better pairing with a 970 board.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b $ Windows 7
March 12, 2014 2:21:16 PM

Ok this time with FX-6300 and 212 EVO which you can delete from part list

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ TigerDirect)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.98 @ OutletPC)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N150PCe 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($13.68 @ Amazon)
Total: $800.56
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-12 17:20 EDT-0400)
Share
March 12, 2014 2:27:18 PM

maddogfargo said:
Uh...don't get the FX 8120. Bulldozer core. >.<.

Get the FX 8320 if at all possible. Or even an FX 6300 and good cooler to overclock it.

The ASRock 970 Extreme 3 board is a great board for the FX 6300 6 core CPU. But a 990FX board with 8+2 power phase would be better for an 8 core CPU like the 8320. It would still work on a 970 board, but won't be able to OC as high as safely due to cpu current draw.

Everything else looks OK.




well i like the build but i do need it under 800, can you name the exact cpu and motherboard youd recommend at that point


m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b $ Windows 7
March 12, 2014 2:31:50 PM

You can remove an aftermarket CPU cooler then the build would be 30$ less.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b $ Windows 7
March 12, 2014 2:35:01 PM

You could go with a 750 TI for about $100 less.
m
0
l
March 12, 2014 2:48:53 PM

"Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs." it says this with the current build i have the AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor and the ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard. they do work together correct?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b $ Windows 7
March 12, 2014 2:55:27 PM

msull434 said:
"Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs." it says this with the current build i have the AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor and the ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard. they do work together correct?


https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/24524-fx-6300-am3...
m
0
l
March 12, 2014 2:57:45 PM

Ahmadjon said:
msull434 said:
"Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs." it says this with the current build i have the AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor and the ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard. they do work together correct?


https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/24524-fx-6300-am3...


Okay thank you!

m
0
l
March 12, 2014 2:59:13 PM

would this build that you suggested above need the cooler or could it run fine without it?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b $ Windows 7
March 12, 2014 3:08:58 PM

msull434 said:
would this build that you suggested above need the cooler or could it run fine without it?


It would run but it really depends on your acoustic preferences :D 
m
0
l
!