Thinking about two laptops right now.
Either these or other options suggested. Both are roughly the same price.
Lenovo Y510p- 15.6 Inch Display - (i7 4700mq, 2x GT 755m, 8gb+8gb, 750GB 7200Rpm, 1080p Display)
Sager NP7338 (Clevo W230ST) 13.3 Inch Display - ETA: March 28(Will have to wait but its fine) - (i7 4810m, GTX 860m, 16GB, 750GB 7200Rpm, 1080p Display)
Will consider any other ideas!
What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable will take it to f]and from school everyday.
5. How much battery life do you need?
At-least 3 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. BF4, Titanfall, Rising Storm, Planetside 2, and other new titles. Preferably Medium to High settings.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Editing and Recording Gameplay.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500+ GB At least 7200rpm
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
XoticPC, Prostar, etc.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Couple of years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Thinking about two brands Sager and Lenovo.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I know the new Lenovo Y50 and Y40 are coming out. Should I wait for those? I also know that the new graphics cards have come out from AMD and Nvidia (the clevo has the new gtx 860m).
Also to add.. there is also the MSI Apache GE60.. I decided to pass on that model since its 1 1/4 thick while the other 2 are under an inch thick. But that being said, i think the MSI GE60 would be the least expensive out of the 3. If thickness isnt something your really shooting for that would be a good option aswell for you.