Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

1333 fsb ram on 1066 supported mobo

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
  • Memory
Last response: in Memory
Share
March 13, 2014 4:11:17 AM

As the title say ......... I only just want to know that if I purchase 1333 mhz fsb ram and put it on the mobo that supported only 1066 mhz fsb .............. will it work ...??

More about : 1333 fsb ram 1066 supported mobo

a c 182 à CPUs
a c 250 V Motherboard
a b } Memory
March 13, 2014 4:22:17 AM

It should work with downclocked frequency, what motherboard do you have?
m
0
l
March 13, 2014 4:24:00 AM

depends on the mobo it will downclock with. some will run at slower speed. though some machines may not even turn on with memory speeds higher than what the board is capable. Only real way to find out is to test it.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 13, 2014 4:26:47 AM

Ahmadjon said:
It should work with downclocked frequency, what motherboard do you have?


I dnt really know ........... its Lenovo pre-built ........... M58p model 6138A16, I dnt have any guess waht the board type is ........ but in Lenovo specs page , they said that it will support 1066 mhz fsb ram
m
0
l
March 13, 2014 4:27:47 AM

brethrenigarashi said:
depends on the mobo it will downclock with. some will run at slower speed. though some machines may not even turn on with memory speeds higher than what the board is capable. Only real way to find out is to test it.


Now i have told about my system built ............ have you any idea now... and i dont have any way to test it ........... i just have to purchase it ............ thats why I come to your guyz
m
0
l
March 13, 2014 4:32:56 AM

hassanpk said:
brethrenigarashi said:
depends on the mobo it will downclock with. some will run at slower speed. though some machines may not even turn on with memory speeds higher than what the board is capable. Only real way to find out is to test it.


Now i have told about my system built ............ have you any idea now... and i dont have any way to test it ........... i just have to purchase it ............ thats why I come to your guyz


i see. pre-built PCs usually come with low end motherboards. to be safe i'd get a 1066ram instead.
its just a few speed anyways. a few decrease of speed is better than your PC not working at all right? why take the risk? :) 
m
0
l
March 13, 2014 5:55:25 AM

  • Ahmadjon said:
    Is that your PC? http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/lenovo-thinkcentre-m58...
    It has FSB 1333 so it should (Theoretically) work but i'm not sure!


    Thats very nice ........... you got the right way ...... i've installed q9400 at it, which is 1333 fsb processor ........... bt memory portion again said that 1066 fsb memory .....
    i,ve already installed 4gb memory on my board ..... and i want to take it to 8gb for gaming purposes (gonna buy HD 7790 soon) ............ thats why I ask this (silly) question :D 
    m
    0
    l

    Best solution

    a c 182 à CPUs
    a c 250 V Motherboard
    a b } Memory
    March 13, 2014 6:04:12 AM

    But don't exceed that 8GB because your system won't support more than 8GB memory and I think 1333 RAM should work on your system, and try to get 1.5v RAM not 1.35v or 1.65v
    Good Luck with your PC :) 
    Share
    March 13, 2014 6:07:39 AM

    Ahmadjon said:
    But don't exceed that 8GB because your system won't support more than 8GB memory and I think 1333 RAM should work on your system, and try to get 1.5v RAM not 1.35v or 1.65v
    Good Luck with your PC :) 


    And what the hell is this now ..... 1.5v RAM not 1.35v or 1.65v :??: 

    And yes i knw .......... i will not exceed than 8gb
    m
    0
    l
    a c 182 à CPUs
    a c 250 V Motherboard
    a b } Memory
    March 13, 2014 6:16:07 AM

    Yeah, on specifications in the site or on the sticker located on the RAM
    m
    0
    l
    March 13, 2014 6:18:53 AM

    Ahmadjon said:
    Yeah, on specifications in the site or on the sticker located on the RAM


    Thank you so much Ahmad bro .....
    And thanks to others who helped me out here....
    Greetings from Pakistan. :) 
    m
    0
    l
    a c 182 à CPUs
    a c 250 V Motherboard
    a b } Memory
    March 13, 2014 6:23:27 AM

    hassanpk said:
    Ahmadjon said:
    Yeah, on specifications in the site or on the sticker located on the RAM


    Thank you so much Ahmad bro .....
    And thanks to others who helped me out here....
    Greetings from Pakistan. :) 


    Glad to help you're welcome and from Uzbekistan as well
    m
    0
    l
    !