Blue Screen of Death on New Gaming PC Build

I built my gaming pc a few months ago and now I've been getting the Blue Screen. I don't know why I keep getting it, it happens fairly often. I've checked my Windows Update but everything is up to date. Does anyone know why I keep getting them?

Here is the Problem Signature:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA800CEE3A70
BCP3: FFFFFA800CEE3D50
BCP4: FFFFF80002DCC7B0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\031314-14149-01.dmp
C:\Users\Collin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-67236-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Here are my Computer Specs:
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)
PSU:Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze (TX750)
SSD: Kingston Digital 240GB SSDNow V300 SATA 3 2.5 (7mm height) with Adapter Solid State Drive SV300S37A/240G
HD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST2000DM001
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K
Video Card: MSI Computer Corp. Video Graphics Card N770 LIGHTNING
Motherboard: MSI Computer Corp. ATX DDR3 1066 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z87 MPOWER MAX
OS: Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit (OEM) System Builder DVD 1 Pack

Thanks for the help.
9 answers Last reply
More about blue screen death gaming build
  1. Correct me if im wrong but Blue screen are usually hardware issues. maybe got a bad silicon?.

    http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-bsod-error-bccode-f4-bcp1-0000000000000003-bcp2-fffffa80060bdb30.177751/

    This guy has same codes maybe your ssd.
  2. Use this, it will indicate the driver or module loading at time of crash

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

    If you cant do it yourself upload the mini-dump somewhere and someone will eventually help out.

    Just as this person did:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1791930/bsod-bccode.html
  3. Do you have the latest BIOS and mobo drivers?
  4. Clschaake said:
    I built my gaming pc a few months ago and now I've been getting the Blue Screen. I don't know why I keep getting it, it happens fairly often. I've checked my Windows Update but everything is up to date. Does anyone know why I keep getting them?

    Here is the Problem Signature:

    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

    Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: f4
    BCP1: 0000000000000003
    BCP2: FFFFFA800CEE3A70
    BCP3: FFFFFA800CEE3D50
    BCP4: FFFFF80002DCC7B0
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

    Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\031314-14149-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Collin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-67236-0.sysdata.xml

    Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

    If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

    Here are my Computer Specs:
    RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)
    PSU:Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze (TX750)
    SSD: Kingston Digital 240GB SSDNow V300 SATA 3 2.5 (7mm height) with Adapter Solid State Drive SV300S37A/240G
    HD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST2000DM001
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K
    Video Card: MSI Computer Corp. Video Graphics Card N770 LIGHTNING
    Motherboard: MSI Computer Corp. ATX DDR3 1066 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z87 MPOWER MAX
    OS: Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit (OEM) System Builder DVD 1 Pack

    Thanks for the help.


    Upload minidump and post here C:\Windows\Minidump\031314-14149-01.dmp
  5. Sorry for the late response but I was gone for a couple days with my job. Here is the minidump from the latest BSOD

    031514-15069-01.dmp 3/15/2014 12:19:51 PM CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION 0x000000f4 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0f1efb30 fffffa80`0f1efe10 fffff800`02d977b0 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.18247 (win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 C:\Windows\Minidump\031514-15069-01.dmp 8 15 7601 293,536 3/15/2014 12:20:58 PM


    It always seems to be caused by this Driver: ntoskrnl.exe
  6. Clschaake said:
    Sorry for the late response but I was gone for a couple days with my job. Here is the minidump from the latest BSOD

    031514-15069-01.dmp 3/15/2014 12:19:51 PM CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION 0x000000f4 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0f1efb30 fffffa80`0f1efe10 fffff800`02d977b0 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.18247 (win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 C:\Windows\Minidump\031514-15069-01.dmp 8 15 7601 293,536 3/15/2014 12:20:58 PM


    It always seems to be caused by this Driver: ntoskrnl.exe


    go to C:\Windows\Minidump\ and upload the file .dmp somwhere sendspace.com and post here..

    did u overclock your pcc ?
  7. Andreas Schmidt said:
    Clschaake said:
    Sorry for the late response but I was gone for a couple days with my job. Here is the minidump from the latest BSOD

    031514-15069-01.dmp 3/15/2014 12:19:51 PM CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION 0x000000f4 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0f1efb30 fffffa80`0f1efe10 fffff800`02d977b0 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.18247 (win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 C:\Windows\Minidump\031514-15069-01.dmp 8 15 7601 293,536 3/15/2014 12:20:58 PM


    It always seems to be caused by this Driver: ntoskrnl.exe


    go to C:\Windows\Minidump\ and upload the file .dmp somwhere sendspace.com and post here..

    did u overclock your pcc ?



    No, I don't overclock my PC. I'm trying to upload the .dmp file but I cant because I need Administration Access. Do you know how I can enable access to the file? I've been trying to get access to it but it's apparently not working.

    Never mind I got access to it. Here is the link for the file:

    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ht4hms
  8. Probably caused by : wininit.exe

    Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------

    0: kd> !analyze -v
    *******************************************************************************
    * *
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    * *
    *******************************************************************************

    CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
    A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
    terminated.
    Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
    system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
    longer function.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000003, Process
    Arg2: fffffa800f1efb30, Terminating object
    Arg3: fffffa800f1efe10, Process image file name
    Arg4: fffff80002d977b0, Explanatory message (ascii)

    Debugging Details:
    ------------------


    PROCESS_OBJECT: fffffa800f1efb30

    IMAGE_NAME: wininit.exe

    DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

    MODULE_NAME: wininit

    FAULTING_MODULE: 0000000000000000

    PROCESS_NAME: wininit.exe

    EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x.

    BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_IOERR

    CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

    CURRENT_IRQL: 0

    STACK_TEXT:
    fffff880`0c1fee38 fffff800`02e20ab2 : 00000000`000000f4 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0f1efb30 fffffa80`0f1efe10 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
    fffff880`0c1fee40 fffff800`02dcbabb : ffffffff`ffffffff fffffa80`0f279060 fffffa80`0f1efb30 fffffa80`0f1efb30 : nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+0x92
    fffff880`0c1fee80 fffff800`02d4b674 : ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0f1efb30 00000000`00000008 : nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x17486
    fffff880`0c1feed0 fffff800`02a91e53 : fffffa80`0f1efb30 fffff800`c0000006 fffffa80`0f279060 00000000`02410980 : nt!NtTerminateProcess+0xf4
    fffff880`0c1fef50 fffff800`02a8e410 : fffff800`02add82f fffff880`0c1ffa38 fffff880`0c1ff790 fffff880`0c1ffae0 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
    fffff880`0c1ff0e8 fffff800`02add82f : fffff880`0c1ffa38 fffff880`0c1ff790 fffff880`0c1ffae0 00000000`02411690 : nt!KiServiceLinkage
    fffff880`0c1ff0f0 fffff800`02a92242 : fffff880`0c1ffa38 00000000`0000aab7 fffff880`0c1ffae0 00000000`02411168 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x488e4
    fffff880`0c1ff900 fffff800`02a90dba : 00000000`00000000 00000000`ff77f630 00000000`02411001 00000000`0000aab7 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
    fffff880`0c1ffae0 00000000`77049c42 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x23a
    00000000`024110b0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x77049c42


    STACK_COMMAND: kb

    FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xF4_IOERR_IMAGE_wininit.exe

    BUCKET_ID: X64_0xF4_IOERR_IMAGE_wininit.exe

    Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------
    =========================================================


    (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p.
    The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x

    The rest of the details does not reveal any specific driver module but just locations inside the kernel as they begin with nt!. It does reveal a driver fault, but that's most likely be the driver that allows your data to pass from your hardware to your software. This Microsoft driver is guaranteed to be stable, so it's not a driver problem but more likely to be a hardware problem. it's more likely to be a hardware issue, as you lost power it's most likely that your SSD has became damaged or that data in your SSD cache has been corrupted. I think the only solution is to reinstall your system, disabling disk caches and taking regular back-ups. There is not much you can do to fix that corruption without reinstalling OS , also check on bios are u on ahci or ide mode. install new driver for ahci . also test ram memory
  9. have you had any trouble trying to install a game
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Driver Failure Computers Hardware Build Memory Blue Screen System Error