Is 650 watt Bronze PSU good enough for Gtx 780

AgeOfEpicness

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Same as title. I just ordered a GTX 780, and i wanted to make sure my 650 watt bronze psu would be enough for this.
Specs:
Fx-8150
8 gb ram
1 ssd
2 hdd
4 case fans
Sabertooth 990fx motherboard

Solution
My CPU isn't as thirsty as yours (3570K at 4.5), but I've got a 780 at 1150Mhz running off a 520w PSU just fine, have done since the card came out, haven't had an issue.
You're just eeking by. The only sure fire way to know exactly is use a PSU calculator. Here is a link:
http://www.coolermaster.outervision.com/

My guess is that you may want to go up one more size, but the calculator will tell you precisely. I always want a little wiggle room in case I want to add/upgrade something.

It is much cheaper to go with something that is a little bigger than you need now vs. having to go out and buy another PSU in the near future if you decide to add/upgrade to you system.

no overclock you should be alright... you're right up against the wall if you plan to overclock both the gpu and cpu heavily. When overclocked that 780 will suck down 300W and the cpu will suck down 250W. that leaves precious little for the rest of your system. If you plan to use them stock, you should be fine though.