Solved

Should I return my gtx 760?

So today I finally got my gtx 760 to work. So I tried minecraft with shaders and only got 50 fps 1920x1080. So I have an APU A8 3850. And with out shaders, I get and additional 20 fps boost, so it's not much. Would I get more if I get a gtx 550 ti? Because I know my APU bottlenecks my gtx to the ground :(. Is there maybe someway to gain some performance? I've heard about unparking CPU cores. Would this help? Because I am pretty sure a 20 fps increase for $260 is ridiculous for me
35 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about return gtx 760
  1. do that and if you buitlt the system yourself go into your bios and disable the igpu as even if you arent using it, it still tends to hold the apu back when using a dedicated card. also update to the latest nvidia drivers
  2. So should I keep the card or get a 550 ti? Because I did literally 1 month of computer work, had to Rma motherboard for 3 weeks, 2 weeks trying to figure out why it wasn't working. And now finds out I only get very little frames
  3. Is there any other solutions?
  4. keep it and just upgrade the processor when you have a little extra money? OR have it refunded and using that money, upgrade your processor and use the left over money to pick up a cheap graphics card. Is that what you're implying when you say you want to pick up a 550ti?
  5. what pcie slot do you have the card in? and did you try what i posted above...even if you get a 550ti and it is an actual problem with your system it wont matter, so try troubleshooting first.
  6. Raggamuffyn said:
    keep it and just upgrade the processor when you have a little extra money? OR have it refunded and using that money, upgrade your processor and use the left over money to pick up a cheap graphics card. Is that what you're implying when you say you want to pick up a 550ti?

    Well, I would refund it, but my friend apparently threw the reciept away I idk if best buy will still even take it. And I can't upgrade my processor to any good ones that are fm1. I swear, I'm having a heart attack right now...
  7. Frys* not best buy lol
  8. Could it be my old gpu drivers from my APU conflicting it? I haven't removed my AMD gpu drivers. Will this solve the issue?
  9. Best answer
    then follow this that could be your issue

    dl and install http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html
    power down
    power up into safe mode
    uninstall graphic drivers new and old (nvidia and amd)
    power down
    power up into windows
    go to nvidias site to dl drivers
  10. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    then follow this that could be your issue

    dl and install http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html
    power down
    power up into safe mode
    uninstall graphic drivers new and old (nvidia and amd)
    power down
    power up into windows
    go to nvidias site to dl drivers


    So this would help right?
  11. its worth a shot it wont hurt anything. it could very well be a driver confliction error
  12. Okay. Would windows use their graphics if I don't have AMD or Nvidia?
  13. Isn't the 550ti weaker than a 760?
  14. if the display cable is connected to the 760 it would be using the 760 just not at full potential if you do the steps it will guarantee you are running with the best driver for the 760 without any confliction
  15. Okay, so I just downloaded Display Driver Uninstaller. It only gives one choice, AMD NVDIA, INTEL. Do I uninstall the AMD one and just keep the current Nvidia? Or do I have to uninstall amd drivers, then uninstall nvidia as well?
  16. uninstall both and do a fresh dl for the 760...make sure you are uninstalling in safe mode that is important
  17. Okay, but I don't quite understand why I need to uninstall current Nvidia but I'll do it. Also, should I turn off my lan when uninstalling? It was recommended.
  18. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    uninstall both and do a fresh dl for the 760...make sure you are uninstalling in safe mode that is important


    Also, does it only remove my old gpu drivers from my apu and not my CPU?
  19. the program i linked is for display drivers only not cpu . you dont have to turn off your lan but do it in safe mode. follow the steps exactly. and you would need to reinstall the new one because the one you have might be corrupted due to the amd driver. they cannot coexist.
  20. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    the program i linked is for display drivers only not cpu . you dont have to turn off your lan but do it in safe mode. follow the steps exactly. and you would need to reinstall the new one because the one you have might be corrupted due to the amd driver. they cannot coexist.

    I removed all drivers and reinstalled nvidia. Only gain an extra 10+ Fps again. Better than nothing though. Plus, now it's at 60 frames for most games besides bf4 and such
  21. glad it helped some also did you ever try going into your bios and disabling the igpu core(integrated graphics) this should get you some more performance
  22. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    glad it helped some also did you ever try going into your bios and disabling the igpu core(integrated graphics) this should get you some more performance


    Never heard of that solution but I'll try tomorrow morning and report back!
  23. kk the apu has a nasty habit of even if you arent using the igpu it provides power to it as if it is in idle, therefore somewhat throttling the actual cpu cores. it did it in my 3870k and if you disable it, it just acts as a normal athlon
  24. Ok, we'll my initiate graphics adapter is set to PEG, so this means it's already disabled?
  25. Is there any other fixes I can do to increase peformace? Because I really can't buy a new mobo plus a good $180 CPU
  26. PEG means PCI Express Graphics and it isnt what your looking there should be another option under your cpu tab to disable the igpu. whats your mobo?
  27. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    PEG means PCI Express Graphics and it isnt what your looking there should be another option under your cpu tab to disable the igpu. whats your mobo?


    MSI A75MA-G55
  28. your mobo may not support it i know when i did it on mine it was a biostar ta75a+ and it had an option under the cpu tab to actually turn off the integrated graphics core
  29. So I can't disable it?
  30. if the options not in your bios you can disable the igpu display in windows in your device manager but i dont think that will actually stop it from drawind voltage to that core
  31. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    if the options not in your bios you can disable the igpu display in windows in your device manager but i dont think that will actually stop it from drawind voltage to that core


    I think it's already disabled. Since I can't find it in Display Adapters
  32. most likely if you cant find the option then it probably is
  33. Bad_Kitty13 said:
    most likely if you cant find the option then it probably is


    Ok so there aren't any other solutions right?
  34. not other than the ones i gave you bf4 is very cpu intensive and your cpu is most likely bottleneck your gpu in that title
  35. never ever ever get a apu if you have a discrete gpu because the extra transistors are used for the igp not for the cpu
    maybe try find a cheap mobo and get a athlon or phenom
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Components FPS