Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

np300e5a i3 graphic card not found NVIDIA

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 13, 2014 11:13:17 PM

Hey.
I bought this laptop and the NVidia control panel claims there is no graphic card found.
Tried updating the drivers and they wont install, claiming that the graphic card is not found.

I do believe there is the Intel HD3000 graphic card and a Nvidia GPU onboard, following instructions on how to change to the GPU, it says the card is not found.
I tried the drivers from Nvidia, from Samsung too, both inconclusive.

Is there something in the BIOS? I did take a see and the BIOS offered very little in terms of customization.

I tried to disable the Intel HD3000, the screen became a larger resolution and nothing seemed to change other than that.

Thanks a lot.

- Jake.

Edit 1: Windows does acknowledge the driver as installed and can be removed by using the add or remove programs feature. (Delete it and see if it then lets me install the new driver?)
Related resources
March 14, 2014 9:03:47 AM

It won't uninstall the driver either.

When uninstalling it says:

The following failures occured:

Optimus 1.0.23 - Not removed
Nvidia Update Components 1.0.25 - Not removed
Nvidia Control panel 268.83 Failed
Graphics driver 268.83 Not removed.

I really don't want to fresh install windows since theres nowhere to store all the data I've been working with lately.. Any ideas please? Thank you.
m
0
l
March 14, 2014 1:36:05 PM

IDontUnderstand said:
You can backup your data with cloud storage if you don't have an excessive amount of them.
http://www.zdnet.com/the-top-10-personal-cloud-storage-...

Try uninstalling in safe mode.


IDontUnderstand said:
You can backup your data with cloud storage if you don't have an excessive amount of them.
http://www.zdnet.com/the-top-10-personal-cloud-storage-...

Try uninstalling in safe mode.


Thanks for the message.

I used the restore utility from Samsung, which was on the hidden partition, did a total restore, managed to save most of the data, thanks.
Though, the restore deleted everything, auto-installed the drivers, NVidia was there, installed, the card is not found and the same as before.. Is there a chance I bought the laptop with a fried GPU? :/ 
m
0
l

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
March 14, 2014 1:44:21 PM

If it's new or refurbished then it shouldn't be 'friend', but it could be defective. It's not a very new laptop, so I can't really find any information about it online and if anyone else has the same problem. I would just replace or return if possible, contact both Samsung and the retailer.
Share
March 14, 2014 1:46:47 PM

IDontUnderstand said:
If it's new or refurbished then it shouldn't be 'friend', but it could be defective. It's not a very new laptop, so I can't really find any information about it online and if anyone else has the same problem. I would just replace or return if possible, contact both Samsung and the retailer.


Thanks for your support, I am gonna call them and see if they might replace it for me, since it's soldered and I can't really use a soldering iron without holes in my hand. :) 

Regards -
Jake
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
March 14, 2014 1:54:13 PM

No problem, sorry that I can't help.
Select a best solution if there is one for our future readers, please :) 
m
0
l
March 14, 2014 3:17:23 PM

IDontUnderstand said:
No problem, sorry that I can't help.
Select a best solution if there is one for our future readers, please :) 


Of course, sorry. :) 
m
0
l
!