Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is This A Good Gaming PC?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 14, 2014 12:10:50 AM

Hey community. I just need to know if this (http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/39APC) PC will be capable of running a Screen Recorder (XSplit) and say Battlefield 4 at the same time. I created the load out myself so I have ABSOLUTELY no clue wether or not it's any good. Please leave comments down below (I was trying to stay below $600 with it but it didn't work, if there's anything I can change to make it cheaper please tell me)]
Thanks.

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/39APC
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/39APC/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/39APC/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($124.99 @ Canada Computers)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($54.99 @ NCIX)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($47.49 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($124.79 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GT 630 4GB Video Card ($89.99 @ Memory Express)
Case: Apex PCV-588 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.10 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ NCIX)
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($59.99 @ Canada Computers)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($95.88 @ DirectCanada)
Monitor: LG 22EN43T-B 21.5" Monitor ($113.88 @ Canada Computers)
Mouse: Genius Traveler 9000 Wireless Laser Mouse ($20.84 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $806.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-14 03:15 EDT-0400)

More about : good gaming

March 14, 2014 12:15:58 AM

I dont think it can run both smoothly. You're frames will def drop. Playing BF3 with this graphics card, I want to say probably medium-high settings best. You might not be able to play ultra settings smoothly. You should definetly check out youtube of that card and see how it runs as well. Hope this helps
m
0
l
March 14, 2014 12:17:53 AM

I'm going for 60+ frames so approx. how many frames would it get WITHOUT the screen recorder and how many frames WITH the screen recorder?

I'm always looking for recommendations towards other cards that will work with ~40-50 FPS WITH the screen recorder.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
March 14, 2014 12:27:44 AM

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/39Bdv
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/39Bdv/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/39Bdv/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($124.99 @ Canada Computers)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($99.50 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB Video Card ($120.00 @ Vuugo)
Case: Cooler Master K280 ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.16 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ NCIX)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($18.50 @ Vuugo)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ NCIX)
Monitor: LG 22EN43T-B 21.5" Monitor ($113.88 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $795.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-14 03:27 EDT-0400)
Share
March 14, 2014 12:29:42 AM

Depending on what settings on you plan on playing bf4. I think you should be fine with 60+ fps if your going low-med settings on BF4 with the recorder. I'd assume you may drop to 30-40 if going high-ultra settings while using the recorder. I don't own a gt 630 gpu, but I have the 650ti boost, and I know fps drops a bit when playing newer games on ultra settings.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 14, 2014 12:29:56 AM

I'd try an 4770(k) with a capture card to ensure good streaming quality. This setup wont be too good for streaming, and the video card is extremely weak, it might run bf4 @1080p on low to medium at those frames. Also the 4gb of vram is useless on that GPU, grab something like a 760 2gb.
m
0
l
March 14, 2014 12:48:41 AM

nashdes001 said:
PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/39Bdv
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/39Bdv/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/39Bdv/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($124.99 @ Canada Computers)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($99.50 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB Video Card ($120.00 @ Vuugo)
Case: Cooler Master K280 ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.16 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ NCIX)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($18.50 @ Vuugo)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ NCIX)
Monitor: LG 22EN43T-B 21.5" Monitor ($113.88 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $795.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-14 03:27 EDT-0400)


Will this meet my expectations of full 60+ frames when not recording on high - ultra?
And how would I fix that BiOS issue listed there?
Sorry if I'm a complete noob, I'm just getting started but I wanna get as good as I can right off the bat.
m
0
l
March 14, 2014 1:04:30 AM

This build will def play BF4 and record flawlessly. You can probably ply on ultra and still get 60+frames. I have the 650ti boost and I get 100+ fps playing League of Legends on highest settings.
m
0
l
March 14, 2014 1:25:16 AM

kenghtt said:
This build will def play BF4 and record flawlessly. You can probably ply on ultra and still get 60+frames. I have the 650ti boost and I get 100+ fps playing League of Legends on highest settings.


Am I right in saying that the 650ti boost is the 2gb version of the same video card?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 14, 2014 1:48:45 AM

Dem_Shotz said:
kenghtt said:
This build will def play BF4 and record flawlessly. You can probably ply on ultra and still get 60+frames. I have the 650ti boost and I get 100+ fps playing League of Legends on highest settings.


Am I right in saying that the 650ti boost is the 2gb version of the same video card?


650ti boost is oced version of 650ti
m
0
l
March 14, 2014 12:01:42 PM

Alright thanks everyone for the tips. I'm going to pick nashdes001s' computer as the "solution." Thanks for all the tips from everyone.
m
0
l
March 14, 2014 12:10:03 PM

I forgot. How do I fix the BiOS issue listed? I asked it earlier but no one replied.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 17, 2014 10:01:00 PM

if its a new revision then no need to bios update
a flash bios is easy to install check there site
m
0
l
!