Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Case side panel change , possible health harm?

Last response: in Components
Share
March 14, 2014 3:54:04 PM

Hello

I have Cooler Master HAF XM with window side panel , and I wonder if its possible to order somewhere non windowed side panel for same case with fan.

Also another question , I have my case on the table so I can sort of look into the machine and it is very close , but I wonder if through the side panel window arent coming some kind of rays or shit which can affect human health condition. What do you guys think?

Do you guys have PC near you at the table or do you keep your PC on the ground or in the distance?
March 14, 2014 4:13:14 PM

No health problem. PC components do not even produce light unless you want it.
m
0
l

Best solution

March 14, 2014 4:35:41 PM

You can buy a Haf XM side panel straight from the CoolerMaster store, Think the price said $15.00. If so, I'd Ebay the window
Share
Related resources
March 14, 2014 5:46:33 PM

IDontUnderstand said:
No health problem. PC components do not even produce light unless you want it.


alright thanks mate i wasnt rly sure , and how about heat? Can that cause some damage?
m
0
l
March 14, 2014 5:48:26 PM

Karadjgne said:
You can buy a Haf XM side panel straight from the CoolerMaster store, Think the price said $15.00. If so, I'd Ebay the window


thank you very much sir! you both helped me , I just dont know now who should I choose for best answer...
m
0
l
March 14, 2014 6:40:07 PM

MQGreyF said:


alright thanks mate i wasnt rly sure , and how about heat? Can that cause some damage?


PC runs on an average temperature of 40 C on idle, and probably 70 C under load with stock cooler and average air flow, that is not even hot even to boil water. The heat that a PC produce is no different from the heat generated by a car engine. Not gonna hurt you unless you touch it.

m
0
l
March 14, 2014 7:30:34 PM

Some windows are fan slotted for those who feel either the need to cool off hot running gpus or need additional intake and would like to also see the work they put into a computer build. Some windows are not vented, the case manufacturer feeling any necessary intake is already supplied.
Side panels are the same.

Heat is a personal issue. No 2 people have the exact same build, run the exact same software with the exact same room temp and exact same fan speeds etc. Manufacturers take all that into consideration and design cases accordingly. Changing from a fanless window, to a vented side panel realistically won't change your computers heat in the slightest. Only the actual addition of the fan(s) will, used as exhaust or intake, depending on build circumstances. You'll still run the same software, in the same room, with the same build, and if your computer had no cooling issues before, swapping out a panel won't change that, unless you add a fan(s).

Basically, its your decision to make. Do you like the window, or the plain panel more, and do you feel like you need more airflow in your case, or not.
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 7:48:10 AM

Karadjgne said:
Some windows are fan slotted for those who feel either the need to cool off hot running gpus or need additional intake and would like to also see the work they put into a computer build. Some windows are not vented, the case manufacturer feeling any necessary intake is already supplied.
Side panels are the same.

Heat is a personal issue. No 2 people have the exact same build, run the exact same software with the exact same room temp and exact same fan speeds etc. Manufacturers take all that into consideration and design cases accordingly. Changing from a fanless window, to a vented side panel realistically won't change your computers heat in the slightest. Only the actual addition of the fan(s) will, used as exhaust or intake, depending on build circumstances. You'll still run the same software, in the same room, with the same build, and if your computer had no cooling issues before, swapping out a panel won't change that, unless you add a fan(s).

Basically, its your decision to make. Do you like the window, or the plain panel more, and do you feel like you need more airflow in your case, or not.


Well heat is ok so far , but when played some games bottom card ( got 2 sli cards ) had 20 celsius degrees more than the card above , so I was thinking maybe the side fan would be better.
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 7:50:26 AM

IDontUnderstand said:
MQGreyF said:


alright thanks mate i wasnt rly sure , and how about heat? Can that cause some damage?


PC runs on an average temperature of 40 C on idle, and probably 70 C under load with stock cooler and average air flow, that is not even hot even to boil water. The heat that a PC produce is no different from the heat generated by a car engine. Not gonna hurt you unless you touch it.



yea but I wonder if these components arent producing some trash to the air which could be possible harm to health , what do you think?
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 8:40:34 AM

In over 25 years of tinkering around in/with computers I've never heard of anyone getting hurt other than the occasional shocking from cats/dogs chewing on the power cord.
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 8:50:01 AM

thanks a lot
m
0
l
!