Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Can my ASUS m3A run with a XFX Radeon hd 6670

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 14, 2014 7:16:38 PM

JUst installed a XFX Radeon hd 6670 card.
It's pulling power from my ASUS m3a Mobo.
Is that good enough?
THanks :) 
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 14, 2014 7:23:54 PM

Yes. All motherboards are compatible with all GPU, only in rare cases do they not work.
m
0
l
a c 108 Ĉ ASUS
a c 96 V Motherboard
March 14, 2014 7:26:55 PM

All versions of PCI-E x16 are backwards compatible. The devices simply operate at the specification supported by either the card or the slot, whichever is lowest. You can install version 2.0 or 2.1 cards in version 1.1 and 1.0 slots, and vice versa. So you won't have any problem running that card on your motherboard for sure. Just make sure you have enough power supply of at least 400watts for your build to run that gpu.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 14, 2014 7:33:28 PM

IDontUnderstand said:
Yes. All motherboards are compatible with all GPU, only in rare cases do they not work.

Ok thanks. Also I'm experiencing some issues such as red squares when I run games. Very odd. All I did was shut everything down, pull out my old ATI radeon hd 4850. PUt the XFX HD 6670. INstalled drivers and the catylyst thing and when I open a game, red,green sqaures pop all over...MMM..????????
My power supply is Antec earth 500 btw

m
0
l
March 14, 2014 7:38:51 PM

brarboy said:
All versions of PCI-E x16 are backwards compatible. The devices simply operate at the specification supported by either the card or the slot, whichever is lowest. You can install version 2.0 or 2.1 cards in version 1.1 and 1.0 slots, and vice versa. So you won't have any problem running that card on your motherboard for sure. Just make sure you have enough power supply of at least 400watts for your build to run that gpu.

Thanks for the reply.
My psu is Antec Earth watt 500W.
The only thing is when I run games , IM getting red,green squares all over.
I uninstalled gamebooster and I dont have a clue
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 14, 2014 7:43:09 PM

Re-install the GPU's driver.
Download the latest driver from AMD
Uninstall the current driver
Go into Safe Mode and clean it again by Driver Sweeper or Driver Fusion (need to download it)
Install the latest driver
m
0
l
a c 108 Ĉ ASUS
a c 96 V Motherboard
March 14, 2014 7:46:41 PM

make sure you are running the latest catalyst drivers of your gpu and other motherboard drivers are up to date. Also try looking at bios of your motherboard, if it is outdated or there is newer version available(i.e. M3A BIOS 1206) on the manufacturer website, flash the latest version after carefully going through you motherboard manual. Other thing you can try is going with fresh install of Windows. Keep us posted :) 
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 12:04:10 AM

IDontUnderstand said:
Re-install the GPU's driver.
Download the latest driver from AMD
Uninstall the current driver
Go into Safe Mode and clean it again by Driver Sweeper or Driver Fusion (need to download it)
Install the latest driver


Thanks for the help :) 
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 12:06:13 AM

brarboy said:
make sure you are running the latest catalyst drivers of your gpu and other motherboard drivers are up to date. Also try looking at bios of your motherboard, if it is outdated or there is newer version available(i.e. M3A BIOS 1206) on the manufacturer website, flash the latest version after carefully going through you motherboard manual. Other thing you can try is going with fresh install of Windows. Keep us posted :) 


Thanks for the help. I did had to install the latest catylyst drivers :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 108 Ĉ ASUS
a c 96 V Motherboard
March 15, 2014 1:36:29 AM

lenzzz2099 said:
brarboy said:
make sure you are running the latest catalyst drivers of your gpu and other motherboard drivers are up to date. Also try looking at bios of your motherboard, if it is outdated or there is newer version available(i.e. M3A BIOS 1206) on the manufacturer website, flash the latest version after carefully going through you motherboard manual. Other thing you can try is going with fresh install of Windows. Keep us posted :) 


Thanks for the help. I did had to install the latest catylyst drivers :) 


keep us updated with your latest situation :) 
Share
March 17, 2014 11:52:50 AM

brarboy said:
lenzzz2099 said:
brarboy said:
make sure you are running the latest catalyst drivers of your gpu and other motherboard drivers are up to date. Also try looking at bios of your motherboard, if it is outdated or there is newer version available(i.e. M3A BIOS 1206) on the manufacturer website, flash the latest version after carefully going through you motherboard manual. Other thing you can try is going with fresh install of Windows. Keep us posted :) 


Thanks for the help. I did had to install the latest catylyst drivers :) 


keep us updated with your latest situation :) 


Yes But Now I'm having an issue with playing games that run on DX11. I'm currently on VIsta,SP1 and totally aware that I need SP2 so my Direct X can upgrade to 11.
For ex: If I try to play Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie 2, a message will pop up saying " the application failed to start because DX11.dll was not found"..So as I'm trying to update, I Keep getting windows update errors.
I can provide further info if needed.

m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 17, 2014 12:00:53 PM

So it's Windows' issue.
What are the errors.
m
0
l
March 17, 2014 12:21:58 PM

IDontUnderstand said:
So it's Windows' issue.
What are the errors.


Im having a hard playing certains games because of my direct x. My windows update keeps getting this update error which is prevetning me from getting service pack 2(which is needed so my gpu can play all the games that run on directx 11)

m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 17, 2014 12:23:48 PM

Download SP2 directly from Microsoft.
m
0
l
March 17, 2014 12:33:46 PM

Currently doing that now. I will def update on the issue
m
0
l
March 17, 2014 1:12:39 PM

IDontUnderstand said:
Download SP2 directly from Microsoft.


This is what I posted in the vista forum:
Hello, I just purchased a GPU that can play games running on DX11.
How ever, Im on SP! and I need to update to SP2 to get dx11(current on dx10)
I keep getting update errors saying " installion was not succesful, a system error prevented the service pack from running. Please dwnload and run the "check for system update readiness tool"
m
0
l
a c 108 Ĉ ASUS
a c 96 V Motherboard
March 17, 2014 8:28:46 PM

why don't you go for Windows 7 instead if you can?
m
0
l
!