Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can This PC Play New Game Titles On Max Resolution? (PowerSpec G412 Desktop Computer)

Last response: in Components
Share
March 15, 2014 2:44:44 PM

Are these specifications good enough to play games such as battlefield 4, titanfall, and call of duty ghosts on maximum settings with a decent frame rate (60fps?)

• Intel Core i7-4770K Processor 3.5GHz
• Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
• 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
• 2TB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
• 120GB Solid State Drive
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
• 14x Blu-ray DVD Burner Drive
• Multi-in-One Memory Card Reader
• 10/100/1000 Network
• 802.11b/g/n Wireless
• Bluetooth 4.0
• Display not included

I was looking to play old games also such as black ops 2, halo 4, and even minecraft. They aren't really old but...
I will also be video editing too!

March 15, 2014 2:47:36 PM

It could have a better graphics card but it should still be able to run games on high settings. Get a GTX 770 if possible.
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 2:54:13 PM

zeph_yr said:
It could have a better graphics card but it should still be able to run games on high settings. Get a GTX 770 if possible.


I would be getting this from places such as microcenter. Do you think they could take the graphics card out and replace it? Also I heard that the ghz should be near 4 at least.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 15, 2014 3:00:33 PM

Don't worry about overclocking to 4ghz... You really won't notice much of a change in performance.
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 3:09:36 PM

lackysami said:
MysteryCentral said:
Are these specifications good enough to play games such as battlefield 4, titanfall, and call of duty ghosts on maximum settings with a decent frame rate (60fps?)

• Intel Core i7-4770K Processor 3.5GHz
• Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
• 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
• 2TB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
• 120GB Solid State Drive
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
• 14x Blu-ray DVD Burner Drive
• Multi-in-One Memory Card Reader
• 10/100/1000 Network
• 802.11b/g/n Wireless
• Bluetooth 4.0
• Display not included

I was looking to play old games also such as black ops 2, halo 4, and even minecraft. They aren't really old but...
I will also be video editing too!



everything fits your needs but new titles wont run max. you would need to get GTX 770 for max settings.


zeph_yr said:
Don't worry about overclocking to 4ghz... You really won't notice much of a change in performance.


ok
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 3:10:58 PM

lackysami said:
MysteryCentral said:
zeph_yr said:
It could have a better graphics card but it should still be able to run games on high settings. Get a GTX 770 if possible.


I would be getting this from places such as microcenter. Do you think they could take the graphics card out and replace it? Also I heard that the ghz should be near 4 at least.


you can contact them via purchase to change the gpu to GTX 770 and for 4GHz overclock on the cpu you need aftermarket cooler so does the build come with one?


Accidentally clicked best solution. It was a good one though. I don't think it does. Heres the link.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/424285/G412_Desktop_...
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 3:44:23 PM

lackysami said:
MysteryCentral said:
lackysami said:
MysteryCentral said:
zeph_yr said:
It could have a better graphics card but it should still be able to run games on high settings. Get a GTX 770 if possible.


I would be getting this from places such as microcenter. Do you think they could take the graphics card out and replace it? Also I heard that the ghz should be near 4 at least.


you can contact them via purchase to change the gpu to GTX 770 and for 4GHz overclock on the cpu you need aftermarket cooler so does the build come with one?


Accidentally clicked best solution. It was a good one though. I don't think it does. Heres the link.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/424285/G412_Desktop_...


you could contact them and say to add Coolermaster Hyper EVO 212 in it aswell. then you can overclock to the 4GHz what you wanted. and the stock coolers of amd and intel are horrible and not suggested atleast not for your build.


Thanks!
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 3:53:00 PM

Intel coolers are actually okay. They're quiet and keep it pretty cool. AMD coolers on the other hand, suck terribly. Under any load they begin to sound like jet engines.
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 4:11:59 PM

lackysami said:
zeph_yr said:
Intel coolers are actually okay. They're quiet and keep it pretty cool. AMD coolers on the other hand, suck terribly. Under any load they begin to sound like jet engines.


when you bump up to 4GHz the intel stock will not be happy and it would be running max speed and trying to keep it cool.


How much would that cost added to 1,349 you think. Including a warranty of maybe like 100 bucks?
(Estimate)

Is it worth it? Like how long will it last if they can do it. Like 2 years than I will have to upgrade or can I use max settings for a lot of games coming up?

I hope the place can do it:) 
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 4:55:58 PM

lackysami said:
zeph_yr said:
Intel coolers are actually okay. They're quiet and keep it pretty cool. AMD coolers on the other hand, suck terribly. Under any load they begin to sound like jet engines.


when you bump up to 4GHz the intel stock will not be happy and it would be running max speed and trying to keep it cool.


Oh, I guess I missed where he said he'd be overclocking. Definitely get an aftermarket cooler if you're going to overclock.
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 5:09:30 PM

zeph_yr said:
lackysami said:
zeph_yr said:
Intel coolers are actually okay. They're quiet and keep it pretty cool. AMD coolers on the other hand, suck terribly. Under any load they begin to sound like jet engines.


when you bump up to 4GHz the intel stock will not be happy and it would be running max speed and trying to keep it cool.


Oh, I guess I missed where he said he'd be overclocking. Definitely get an aftermarket cooler if you're going to overclock.


Would they be able to do that for me at the store? Change the graphics and add the cooler?

m
0
l
March 15, 2014 5:14:58 PM

MysteryCentral said:
zeph_yr said:
lackysami said:
zeph_yr said:
Intel coolers are actually okay. They're quiet and keep it pretty cool. AMD coolers on the other hand, suck terribly. Under any load they begin to sound like jet engines.


when you bump up to 4GHz the intel stock will not be happy and it would be running max speed and trying to keep it cool.


Oh, I guess I missed where he said he'd be overclocking. Definitely get an aftermarket cooler if you're going to overclock.


Would they be able to do that for me at the store? Change the graphics and add the cooler?



I'm really not sure, I haven't bought from them before. If for some reason they can't, you can take out the parts you don't need, sell them, and buy the new parts. The graphics card is really the easiest part of the computer to change. The cooler is a little more difficult but there's really no way you could mess it up.
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 5:22:28 PM

zeph_yr said:
MysteryCentral said:
zeph_yr said:
lackysami said:
zeph_yr said:
Intel coolers are actually okay. They're quiet and keep it pretty cool. AMD coolers on the other hand, suck terribly. Under any load they begin to sound like jet engines.


when you bump up to 4GHz the intel stock will not be happy and it would be running max speed and trying to keep it cool.


Oh, I guess I missed where he said he'd be overclocking. Definitely get an aftermarket cooler if you're going to overclock.


Would they be able to do that for me at the store? Change the graphics and add the cooler?



I'm really not sure, I haven't bought from them before. If for some reason they can't, you can take out the parts you don't need, sell them, and buy the new parts. The graphics card is really the easiest part of the computer to change. The cooler is a little more difficult but there's really no way you could mess it up.


The store says they can do it, but it costs 100 bucks to modify it and I don't want to break it so what should I do?
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 5:24:42 PM

MysteryCentral said:
zeph_yr said:
MysteryCentral said:
zeph_yr said:
lackysami said:
zeph_yr said:
Intel coolers are actually okay. They're quiet and keep it pretty cool. AMD coolers on the other hand, suck terribly. Under any load they begin to sound like jet engines.


when you bump up to 4GHz the intel stock will not be happy and it would be running max speed and trying to keep it cool.


Oh, I guess I missed where he said he'd be overclocking. Definitely get an aftermarket cooler if you're going to overclock.


Would they be able to do that for me at the store? Change the graphics and add the cooler?



I'm really not sure, I haven't bought from them before. If for some reason they can't, you can take out the parts you don't need, sell them, and buy the new parts. The graphics card is really the easiest part of the computer to change. The cooler is a little more difficult but there's really no way you could mess it up.


The store says they can do it, but it costs 100 bucks to modify it and I don't want to break it so what should I do?


I'd just pay them the $100 if you're not comfortable with modifying it yourself. It's not a bad price.
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 5:29:27 PM

zeph_yr said:
MysteryCentral said:
zeph_yr said:
MysteryCentral said:
zeph_yr said:
lackysami said:
zeph_yr said:
Intel coolers are actually okay. They're quiet and keep it pretty cool. AMD coolers on the other hand, suck terribly. Under any load they begin to sound like jet engines.


when you bump up to 4GHz the intel stock will not be happy and it would be running max speed and trying to keep it cool.


Oh, I guess I missed where he said he'd be overclocking. Definitely get an aftermarket cooler if you're going to overclock.


Would they be able to do that for me at the store? Change the graphics and add the cooler?



I'm really not sure, I haven't bought from them before. If for some reason they can't, you can take out the parts you don't need, sell them, and buy the new parts. The graphics card is really the easiest part of the computer to change. The cooler is a little more difficult but there's really no way you could mess it up.


The store says they can do it, but it costs 100 bucks to modify it and I don't want to break it so what should I do?


I'd just pay them the $100 if you're not comfortable with modifying it yourself. It's not a bad price.


Thanks for all the help!:)  If I need any additional support could I just message you again on this forum or through something else?
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 5:31:14 PM

Yep! Just send me a pm through these forums if you need anything else.
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 5:34:39 PM

zeph_yr said:
Yep! Just send me a pm through these forums if you need anything else.


Thanks!
m
0
l
!