Solved

I5 3470 CPU temp are high at no load,Windows 8 OS why?

Just did a new build. Asus motherboard P8B75-M/CSM, I5 CPU. The fan is constantly at high rpm at no-load and the power button on the case is yellow.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3470 cpu temp high load windows
  1. Is the CPU fan speed set to auto in the BIOS? What case has a yellow power light? Is it a Dell case?
  2. GhislainG said:
    Is the CPU fan speed set to auto in the BIOS? What case has a yellow power light? Is it a Dell case?

it is a dell case, as for the fan speed, is that set by default, because I didn't set it on auto.
  3. Check the BIOS and configure it as per your preferences. Try switching the power connector on the motherboard around to see if the light will change to the other color.
  4. Best answer
    Quote:
    Just did a new build. Asus motherboard P8B75-M/CSM, I5 CPU. The fan is constantly at high rpm at no-load and the power button on the case is yellow.

What is your CPU temp. in the BIOS while idle? You may have a high temp. because the CPU cooler is incorrectly installed.

Yogi
  5. Maybe you didn't push the heatsink properly in place. I had the same problem. My temps were 72°C on a core 2 quad q6600 at stock clocks. Check your cooler.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Windows 8 Intel i5