Do I need another 7850 if I'm getting a second display?

GlumMrSpartan

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
I plan on getting another ASUS VN248H-P monitor for my rig, however i'm not sure if i have enough VRAM for 2 monitors. I have a HD 7850 (2GB) and im wondering if i need more RAM. TO reference the performance of the card and my rig, im running an AMD FX 8320 (@4.7 GHtz) and my Gigabyte 7850 (windforce edition). I can max out any game i've thrown at it so im not worried about a huge performance hit, i just need to know if i have the sufficient amout of RAM to run both monitors while playing games such as DayZ and ARMA 3 (those are my most graphically intensive games). thanks for any help!

jshoop

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
you arent going to be gaming across the 2 moniters, so you'll be fine. i ran 2 moniters on my radeon hd4890 1gb card, gaming on one while web browsing on the other. they werent intense graphical games, but you should be fine

GlumMrSpartan

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014

Well i know it's possible to game on 2 monitors so i'd want to, so in your opinion, do you think i would have to get another card and Crossfire them or would one card do?

GlumMrSpartan

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014

yeah i know, im just asking (because it works better to run more ram if you have more monitors) if i should get another card if im going to game with two monitors

jshoop

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
gaming 2 different games at once on seperate monitors? if you try that im pretty sure your temps will skyrocket and both would get bad fps and stuttering problems, since having one game already maxes out your gpu usage and cpu usage for some cores. if you mean one game across 2 monitors, your crosshair directly in the middle of one screen will be stuck between the two screens, the borders on the screen itself will make an inch gap from one side to other side. it will be awkward to aim and just see straight ahead

GlumMrSpartan

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014

i do mean one game on both, but yes that does make sense with the crosshairs, thanks for the help