Best $200 Z87 Motherboard

Solution

I really don't have much research nor experience with ALL of the boards in that price range, however, based on personal experience, I have an undying love for Asus motherboards and I just purchased their Asus Maximus VI Hero for 179.99 (Original MSRP is 209.99) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131989.

I won't attempt to list all of the things it offers since I provided the link in this post and it pretty much explains it in full. The 20 USD off discount is still applicable too.

Hope this helps a bit, even if a little.

Ludamister

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014

I really don't have much research nor experience with ALL of the boards in that price range, however, based on personal experience, I have an undying love for Asus motherboards and I just purchased their Asus Maximus VI Hero for 179.99 (Original MSRP is 209.99) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131989.

I won't attempt to list all of the things it offers since I provided the link in this post and it pretty much explains it in full. The 20 USD off discount is still applicable too.

Hope this helps a bit, even if a little.

Solution

Ludamister

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014

Wow. I just looked at that board and it sure does bring a lot of features to the table! That said, since they both seemed to have released around the same time, it's worth noting that there seem to be far more reviews for the Hero as oppose to the Z87X-OC. Also a lot more consistent 4-5 star ratings.

What exactly entices you about the Z87X-OC?

I've only ever built with Asus in the past. I have never had any problems with them, so I'll probably stick with them again. But that gigabyte board's colors are a little more what I had in mind for my build. Gigabyte is the only other company I'd really consider unless there is a different company's board at this price point that someone else feels I should look at.

Ludamister

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014

If I had to make another company suggestion for boards, I think I'd suggest MSI over Gigabyte. Let me see if I can find a board or two from MSI that might curb your curiosity and mine as well.