Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is Aorus x7 a good gaming laptop?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
Anonymous
March 17, 2014 7:02:45 AM

I've heard its a good gaming laptop so im wondering if it will overheat and shut down because my laptop does that thats why i wanna get the Aorus x7. Anyways, I know its out of stock right now but im planning to get one by December (my bday) and maybe itll be restocked? So yeah is it a good gaming laptop? also maybe they'll lower the price ...
March 17, 2014 7:08:51 AM

If you want an in-depth review check out this one...http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphic...

As you will see the temps during gaming do get pretty high, which is not surprising considering the thickness

I think if you want a quality,high-end, thin, 17in semi-mobile gaming laptop, and your not on a budget than the Aorus might be for you. For the equivalent price you could obviously get a much more powerful desktop.

I personally like Sager gaming laptops; cheaper, easy to upgrade and mod, and good quality
m
0
l
March 17, 2014 7:13:34 AM

A new generation of Nvidia mobile GPUs have just been released. They deliver more performance per watt, a big advantage in the mobile space. Therefore be wary that the Aorus X7 may be updated to a pair of more powerful graphics cards whilst bringing the heat down. http://anandtech.com/show/7834/nvidia-geforce-800m-line...
m
0
l
Related resources
Anonymous
March 17, 2014 7:16:31 AM

randomhkkid said:
A new generation of Nvidia mobile GPUs have just been released. They deliver more performance per watt, a big advantage in the mobile space. Therefore be wary that the Aorus X7 may be updated to a pair of more powerful graphics cards whilst bringing the heat down. http://anandtech.com/show/7834/nvidia-geforce-800m-line...

So December will probably the best timing for me to buy one?
m
0
l
Anonymous
March 17, 2014 7:16:59 AM

minerva330 said:
If you want an in-depth review check out this one...http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphic...

As you will see the temps during gaming do get pretty high, which is not surprising considering the thickness

I think if you want a quality,high-end, thin, 17in semi-mobile gaming laptop, and your not on a budget than the Aorus might be for you. For the equivalent price you could obviously get a much more powerful desktop.

I personally like Sager gaming laptops; cheaper, easy to upgrade and mod, and good quality

Thank you!
m
0
l

Best solution

March 17, 2014 7:26:14 AM

Anonymous said:
randomhkkid said:
A new generation of Nvidia mobile GPUs have just been released. They deliver more performance per watt, a big advantage in the mobile space. Therefore be wary that the Aorus X7 may be updated to a pair of more powerful graphics cards whilst bringing the heat down. http://anandtech.com/show/7834/nvidia-geforce-800m-line...

So December will probably the best timing for me to buy one?


They currently released the first wave of mobile GPU's (the 800 series). However, the Maxwell architecture is only available on the low-end cards...http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/178351-nvidias-gtx-80...

A great buy if your on a budget. We will likely will not see a high-end Maxwell card to at least december.
Share
Anonymous
March 17, 2014 11:58:24 AM

minerva330 said:
Anonymous said:
randomhkkid said:
A new generation of Nvidia mobile GPUs have just been released. They deliver more performance per watt, a big advantage in the mobile space. Therefore be wary that the Aorus X7 may be updated to a pair of more powerful graphics cards whilst bringing the heat down. http://anandtech.com/show/7834/nvidia-geforce-800m-line...

So December will probably the best timing for me to buy one?


They currently released the first wave of mobile GPU's (the 800 series). However, the Maxwell architecture is only available on the low-end cards...http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/178351-nvidias-gtx-80...

A great buy if your on a budget. We will likely will not see a high-end Maxwell card to at least december.


Thats great! Im probably getting it during Christmas or my birthday on December so yea Ill wait.
m
0
l
Anonymous
March 17, 2014 12:00:43 PM

Wait what are mobile gpu's? Im pretty stupid, sorry
m
0
l
March 17, 2014 12:06:26 PM

Anonymous said:
Wait what are mobile gpu's? Im pretty stupid, sorry


In this context Nvidia has two lines of video cards (or GPU's; GPU is a bit of a misnomer but it has become synonymous with video or graphic card). Desktop (760, 770, 780Ti, etc) and mobile or laptop/notebook video cards, basically anything with an M at the end (850M, 860M, 870M, 880M).

It can get quite confusing.

Look at the left-hand panel for more info...http://www.geforce.com/hardware
m
0
l
Anonymous
March 17, 2014 12:15:26 PM

minerva330 said:
Anonymous said:
Wait what are mobile gpu's? Im pretty stupid, sorry


In this context Nvidia has two lines of video cards (or GPU's). Desktop (760, 770, 780Ti, etc) and mobile or laptop video cards, basically anything with an M at the end (850M, 860M, 870M, 880M).

Look at the left-hand panel for more info...http://www.geforce.com/hardware


Oh okay, thank you :) 
m
0
l
!