Get 780 now or wait for Maxwell lineup?

eden2012

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
I will have enough cash for the 780 in early April but I don't know if i should wait for Maxwell BECAUSE Nvidia is at GDC 2014 right now and they might announce the Maxwell lineup in the coming days. What are the advantages to Maxwell? Will a 500 dollar Maxwell be stronger than a 500 dollar 780?

Solution
The next generation of Nvidia will certainly be very powerful. Look at the 750 ti; very powerful, efficient, and has great value. If you wait for the 800 series, I believe it would be the better decision.

Buying a 780 now would be like buying an Xbox 360 the day before the Xbox One came out. I wouldn't be impatient.

ethan17458

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
The next generation of Nvidia will certainly be very powerful. Look at the 750 ti; very powerful, efficient, and has great value. If you wait for the 800 series, I believe it would be the better decision.

Buying a 780 now would be like buying an Xbox 360 the day before the Xbox One came out. I wouldn't be impatient.

Solution

Bad_Kitty13

Admirable
i agree with ethan and if you look at the performance scaling on the mobile chips it s a significant increase in performance/power consumption/vram
so if you can wait then i would wait. if not a 780 will be good for the next few years and you dont want to get into the mind set of ill wait until the next series because every year there are new gpus

TRENDING THREADS