Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Does a CRT, LCD or a LED monitor emit harmful rays ??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 18, 2014 4:48:54 AM

I am feeling too much hot after doing computer and I also have 40 inch Toshiba LCD TV, Does a CRT or LCD emit harmful rays ?? can it destroy my eyes ?
March 18, 2014 5:09:43 AM

Sexual intercourse with electronic devices is not safe and is generally frowned upon. If you are getting too hot try hittin' that with a little less vigour, maybe do it shirtless, and although your mother may have told you doing such things would make you go blind, it's really an old wives tale.
m
0
l
March 18, 2014 5:17:40 AM

jamz4 said:
Sexual intercourse with electronic devices is not safe and is generally frowned upon. If you are getting too hot try hittin' that with a little less vigour, maybe do it shirtless, and although your mother may have told you doing such things would make you go blind, it's really an old wives tale.


:no:  :ange: Haha very funny I want answer...........
m
0
l

Best solution

March 18, 2014 6:26:15 AM

I can't believe jamz4 said that. I am ashamed that I almost laughed.

LCD/LED do not emit harmful rays. Older CRT monitors and older CRT based Televisions (the big bulky boxes) do emit harmful rays and will damage your eyes.

Getting too hot in front of the monitor/TV is most likely a biological effect of getting swept up in gaming, and your adrenaline starts to pump. It makes your heart beat faster and your body temperature can rise. I recommend using a ceiling fan or air conditioner to keep temperatures pleasant.

Also, if you're sitting too close to your computer box, it may be putting out some heat as well.

Now, as far as eye damage with modern LCD/LED displays... there is a threat from "glare" and "brightness" but not from harmful radiation. A nice, simple pair of glasses that have an anti-glare coating on them will reduce the glare and reduce eye strain during long periods of gaming. Since I bought a pair of anti-glare coated glasses for my computer use, I have been able to double the time I can sit comfortably in front of the computer without eye strain. Should be required for people who have to work in front of a computer screen for 10+ hours per day.
Share
March 18, 2014 6:33:19 AM

rhapdog said:
I can't believe jamz4 said that. I am ashamed that I almost laughed.

LCD/LED do not emit harmful rays. Older CRT monitors and older CRT based Televisions (the big bulky boxes) do emit harmful rays and will damage your eyes.

Getting too hot in front of the monitor/TV is most likely a biological effect of getting swept up in gaming, and your adrenaline starts to pump. It makes your heart beat faster and your body temperature can rise. I recommend using a ceiling fan or air conditioner to keep temperatures pleasant.

Also, if you're sitting too close to your computer box, it may be putting out some heat as well.

Now, as far as eye damage with modern LCD/LED displays... there is a threat from "glare" and "brightness" but not from harmful radiation. A nice, simple pair of glasses that have an anti-glare coating on them will reduce the glare and reduce eye strain during long periods of gaming. Since I bought a pair of anti-glare coated glasses for my computer use, I have been able to double the time I can sit comfortably in front of the computer without eye strain. Should be required for people who have to work in front of a computer screen for 10+ hours per day.


OH CRT is very harmful actually I spend at least 14 to 15 hrs a day... Playing games, browsing web and doing some productivity works. Thanks
m
0
l
March 18, 2014 8:08:28 AM

There are other things that might be making you uncomfortable.

CRT's with low refresh rates cause flickering, which can be uncomfortable, which may result in headaches.

You may also find that low FPS, or uneven FPS can cause simulator sickness.

The heat from the PC itself, when under a heavy load may increase the temperature in the room.
m
0
l
March 18, 2014 9:36:04 AM

bystander said:
There are other things that might be making you uncomfortable.

CRT's with low refresh rates cause flickering, which can be uncomfortable, which may result in headaches.

You may also find that low FPS, or uneven FPS can cause simulator sickness.

The heat from the PC itself, when under a heavy load may increase the temperature in the room.


Yes my house gets heated up easily when I am watching HD or Blu-Ray quality videos on my Toshiba 40 inch LCD TV.
m
0
l
!