my toshiba has been in shop under warranty 3 times and now going in under extended warranty (they will try to fix again) but I am looking to get another one since this keeps having issues.
I am looking to get at either walmart or sams club for personal reasons. I have kind of narrowed it down to three but let me answer the questions first.
1. What is your budget? about 750
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? either 15 or 17, might game later
3. What screen resolution do you want? preferable HD but not a deal breaker
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? only have I5 Toshiba
5. How much battery life do you need? enough to watch a 2.5 hour movie
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? right now i only play starcraft, diablo 2,3...might get into the heaver ones later like titan fall, COD, etc
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) major issue i am in middle of converting my dvd's over to external HD and use Ripbot/Vidcoder and sometimes it takes forever on current system
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? about 500gb, i have portable 2TB and desktop 2TB external drives
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.sams club and walmart
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? at moment will say until I "have to" get a new one
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? not as important because i have an external LG BR R/W player
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. i am very anti Toshiba, sent to them 3 times under warranty, wouldnt replace and had to wait a month for part on backorder and still is not fixed
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. will be starting to do/learn programing
Here are three I found that seem good. I guess one thing I would ask is with what I am doing would I need an I7 vs I5 and will that suffice if I do get into real gaming?
If you think there is one on Amazon, Newegg or something that is much better for same price I can wait a while (or until dies again....whenever I get it back as I said I am having to send current model again for repair) if you think would be best.
Thanks for taking time to read and I hope to hear back.....and yes, wish i had 1100 to get a lenovo dual graphics card unit but I do not.
I don't care for touch screens myself so the first one is out. As for the other two, you have to ask yourself if going to a 17.3" screen and adding 250GB of storage is worth roughly $100 more. I myself prefer Asus over HP. That includes experience with build quality, bloatware, and support.
i kept looking at it and debating on it, after extended warranty and tax would right about 900 so i did some digging.
yes, i know outside what i said wanted to pay but went to lenovo's site and got their y510p
I got the one with glossy screen, 24gb ssd, dedicated graphics card, dvd burner (no option not to get), 8gb ram, 1tb hd and added extra graphics card and 2 year accidental warranty....total was about 1177 and do not think i could find something like that for that price anywhere.
Yes, did see dual card one for 1048 on amazon but that was matte finish, 8gb ssd and no dvd burner and after extened warranty and take was more than just from lenovo themself