660 ti SLI TItanfall FPS Drop

norwegianski

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
I have a SLI setup with two 660ti's. And I just dont understand why it lags in Titanfall. All drivers are up to date. Does anyone have a solution?

imsurgical

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Post your setup please :)

Maybe, but just maybe it could be CPU throttling that's giving you "lag"? Assuming we're talking FPS drop? Is it intermittent or consistent fps drop?

When I played the beta I had my Hyper Threading, C States and Speed Step disabled to make sure my CPU wasn't throttling, I'm using a tri-SLI setup as well so for your problem that's the first thing that just comes to my mind, although I hadn't tried when I played with CPU Throttling going on.

norwegianski

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012

Setup: i7 4770k
8 gb ram
660 ti 2x
128 ssd
z77 asus Motherboard

So i don't think my CPU is bottlenecking my GPU's. Maybe we just have to wait for better drivers? The game was just released.

imsurgical

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
That also could be the case, but I did play the beta as mentioned without any issues (I know everyone's setup is different :p)and I think my rig can be seen in my profile, should be there? In any case I don't think your CPU would be a bottleneck either but if you're willing and haven't tried yet I would try just to see what difference it makes with turning off Hyperthreading, Speedstep etc to stop CPU throttling.

Worked wonders in BF3 back when it released especially as an example, completely eliminated FPS stuttering with Nvidia multi-gpu arrays. Ever since I've turned it off and stopped using the virtual cores and CPU throttling especially to overclock it hasn't been a source of any issues I may have had.

If turning off HT, Intel SS and the C states doesn't work I wouldn't know off the top of my head other than to wait for drivers as you mentioned, but I didn't have that issue even using drivers 332.21 while in Titanfall beta.

Hope it all works out!

norwegianski

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012

Well thank you for your help, i will try your tips ;)