Solved

Intel HD Graphics Vs Intel HD 2500 Graphics? How much, if any, difference? Are they the same thing?

I'm looking at Intel's official website at two CPUs and one of them has integrated "Intel HD Graphics" (without any number listed to it) and other has integrated "Intel HD 2500 Graphics" (with number 2500 listed). Are they the same graphics or "Intel HD Graphics 2500" is more powerful than just "Intel HD Graphics"? And if yes by how big percentage 2500 are powerful? At least approximately please name the percentage if you don't know for sure so I would have good impression about difference?

I'm looking at those two CPUs:
http://ark.intel.com/products/58667/intel-celeron-processor-g440-
http://ark.intel.com/products/68316/intel-core-i5-3470-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3_60-ghz

Is i5-3470 just a more powerful CPU with same graphics than G440 or not?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about intel graphics intel 2500 graphics difference thing
  1. neither are "powerful" by any means. the lowest passable intel hd igpu starts from hd 4000.
    a radeon hd 6570 or radeon 7730/7750/7790 will be many times better than hd2500.
  2. No, the cards are not the same. The Intel Hd 2500 is better than Intel Hd dx 10 (g440) by about 150%. I am pretty sure no modern game is playable with old g440 cpu.
  3. de5_Roy said:
    the lowest passable intel hd igpu starts from hd 4000.

    No 4000 is not lowest possible. i5-3470 has Intel HD 2500 which is even lower and less powerful than Intel HD 4000. What are you saying? It doesn't make sense...

    de5_Roy said:
    neither are "powerful" by any means.

    I'm asking in COMPARISON to each other. I know that they are not generally powerful. But in cCOMPARISON between two which is more powerful by how big percentage? If, that is, they are not the same thing...
  4. ak47jar3d said:
    No, the cards are not the same. The Intel Hd 2500 is better than Intel Hd dx 10 (g440) by about 150%. I am pretty sure no modern game is playable with old g440 cpu.

    How about 2500 then? Could I play modern games like lets say Crysis 3 on low settings with 768 monitor? :D
  5. No. Not even at lowest possible settings. Gaming on board graphics produces bad graphics and many unplayable titles. Even spending 60 usd on video card will make a huge difference.
  6. Best answer
    Aiiiii said:

    No 4000 is not lowest possible. i5-3470 has Intel HD 2500 which is even lower and less powerful than Intel HD 4000. What are you saying? It doesn't make sense...

    i said "passable", not "possible". it was not a typo. by "passable" i mean that the minimum gpu performance tolerable. hd2500 has half of hd4k gaming performance. hd4k stutters quite a bit even if you lower resolution. i know that because i've used hd4000.
    Aiiiii said:

    I'm asking in COMPARISON to each other. I know that they are not generally powerful. But in cCOMPARISON between two which is more powerful by how big percentage? If, that is, they are not the same thing...

    Aiiiii said:

    How about 2500 then? Could I play modern games like lets say Crysis 3 on low settings with 768 monitor? :D

    both have the same reply - No. neither are good. they're bad to the point where comparison is meaningless. afaik, intel doesn't mention gfx resources in hd gfx except some features are disabled from hd2500 and clocked lower. hd gfx also has lower memory support (it actually affects the whole cpu). the celeron link you posted has only 1 core - which kicks it off of any gaming condsideration.
    crysis 3 requires powerful gpus even for 768p display, if you want playable fps.
Ask a new question

Read More

HD CPUs Intel Graphics