Computer running extremely slow.

Hi,
So today i switch my computer back to my full tower case from a Bitfenix Prodigy. I originally had it in this full size case but changed it to a mini-itx. I decided today to switch it back. After doing this i turned it on and it is running extremely bad. I ran 3D mark on it and its so bad. It was running about 100x better in the prodigy case.

my components are

GTX-780
Core i5- 2500K
ZH77A-G43
8 GB ram
1 TB HDD
8 answers Last reply
More about computer running extremely slow
  1. Your case shouldn't effect performance at all...
  2. Did yuo reinstall Windows or use the dirty copy from the old motherboard?
  3. the_crippler said:
    Your case shouldn't effect performance at all...



    Forgot to mention I had to stepdown from an i5-4430
  4. Alec Mowat said:
    Did yuo reinstall Windows or use the dirty copy from the old motherboard?


    I didn't fresh install because there was already a version of windows tied to the old motherboard. Could that be the cause?
  5. I've twice had a machine that became super slow. Both times it was the HD. You can check your HD's self-monitoring status and run a diagnostic test using DiskCheckup from Passmark. It's complimentary to download.

    http://www.passmark.com/products/diskcheckup.htm

    Hope this helps.
    ###
  6. martin97 said:
    Alec Mowat said:
    Did yuo reinstall Windows or use the dirty copy from the old motherboard?


    I didn't fresh install because there was already a version of windows tied to the old motherboard. Could that be the cause?


    Absolutely. Don't change motherboards without reinstalling Windows, all of the control drivers have changed.
  7. Alec Mowat said:
    martin97 said:
    Alec Mowat said:
    Did yuo reinstall Windows or use the dirty copy from the old motherboard?


    I didn't fresh install because there was already a version of windows tied to the old motherboard. Could that be the cause?


    Absolutely. Don't change motherboards without reinstalling Windows, all of the control drivers have changed.


    Even if both montherboards are running Windows 7?
  8. martin97 said:
    Alec Mowat said:
    martin97 said:
    Alec Mowat said:
    Did yuo reinstall Windows or use the dirty copy from the old motherboard?


    I didn't fresh install because there was already a version of windows tied to the old motherboard. Could that be the cause?


    Absolutely. Don't change motherboards without reinstalling Windows, all of the control drivers have changed.


    Even if both montherboards are running Windows 7?


    100%
    Always reinstall Windows if you change your motherboard.
Ask a new question

Read More

Switch Computers Cases Components