Solved

Building Good Gaming PC

Hi, I want to get a new gaming pc but I'm having some trouble completing my list, so I would like if anyone could help me finish it.

This is what I currently have in mind, but I would need help.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2LqPs

It is also my first time building my own pc so I don't have a lot of knowledge about this.
I am going for good pc to run pretty much every game on max.

Also I'm not sure about gpu yet. Deciding between this two.
1) http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-n770tf2gd5oc
2) http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-03gp42784kr

Note: max I can afford right now is 1200$. No OS, display or peripherals needed.
14
answers
Last reply
Best Answer
More about building good gaming
  1. Are you going to Overclock later on? Do you need a case as well, if so, atx or what?
  2. UberHaxorHobo said:
    Are you going to Overclock later on? Do you need a Case as well, if so, atx or what?


    I might try. I didn't do it before.
    Yes I need a case too.
    Sorry atx? I am new at this.
  3. It's the type, I'll just get you an ATX build, how much are you willing to spend on the case?
  4. UberHaxorHobo said:
    It's the type, I'll just get you an ATX build, how much are you willing to spend on the case?


    Not too much, maybe around 100$?
  5. Give me about 5 minutes and I'll give you what would be my own solution. :)
  6. UberHaxorHobo said:


    Thats good.
  7. dustinhunt78 said:
    Give me about 5 minutes and I'll give you what would be my own solution. :)


    Okay, I'll see when you post.
  8. Best answer
    Kakkoi3 said:
    dustinhunt78 said:
    Give me about 5 minutes and I'll give you what would be my own solution. :)


    Okay, I'll see when you post.


    I posted the link above, but the "Plain Text" option is working again, so here it is:

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHY6
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHY6/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHY6/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.00 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($169.00 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($92.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($170.98 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Gaming 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($65.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1197.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-19 14:45 EDT-0400)
  9. dustinhunt78 said:
    Kakkoi3 said:
    dustinhunt78 said:
    Give me about 5 minutes and I'll give you what would be my own solution. :)


    Okay, I'll see when you post.


    I posted the link above, but the "Plain Text" option is working again, so here it is:

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHY6
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHY6/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHY6/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.00 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($169.00 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($92.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($170.98 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Gaming 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($65.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1197.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-19 14:45 EDT-0400)


    Sorry, I didn't see.
    Thanks, I'll check it out!
  10. Kakkoi3 said:
    dustinhunt78 said:
    Kakkoi3 said:
    dustinhunt78 said:
    Give me about 5 minutes and I'll give you what would be my own solution. :)


    Okay, I'll see when you post.


    I posted the link above, but the "Plain Text" option is working again, so here it is:

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHY6
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHY6/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHY6/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.00 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($169.00 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($92.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($170.98 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Gaming 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($65.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1197.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-19 14:45 EDT-0400)


    Sorry, I didn't see.
    Thanks, I'll check it out!


    That is a very "game-oriented" setup with excellent overclocking potential. It may sound crazy, but the most surprisingly performance boosting component will be that SSD. If you have never used a high-end SSD before you will absolutely be amazed at the speed and performance gain that you get all across the board. Granted, I opted for a slightly faster version in the 840 Pro by Samsung, but I go from cold start to fully booted in less than 15 seconds!
  11. dustinhunt78 said:
    Kakkoi3 said:
    dustinhunt78 said:
    Kakkoi3 said:
    dustinhunt78 said:
    Give me about 5 minutes and I'll give you what would be my own solution. :)


    Okay, I'll see when you post.


    I posted the link above, but the "Plain Text" option is working again, so here it is:

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHY6
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHY6/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHY6/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.00 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($169.00 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($92.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($170.98 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Gaming 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($65.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1197.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-19 14:45 EDT-0400)


    Sorry, I didn't see.
    Thanks, I'll check it out!


    That is a very "game-oriented" setup with excellent overclocking potential. It may sound crazy, but the most surprisingly performance boosting component will be that SSD. If you have never used a high-end SSD before you will absolutely be amazed at the speed and performance gain that you get all across the board. Granted, I opted for a slightly faster version in the 840 Pro by Samsung, but I go from cold start to fully booted in less than 15 seconds!


    Great, as long as it is fast.
    If I'll need more disk space, I could still put in another hard drive or?
    Also this might be "a stupid" question, but do I still need sound card and wireless/wired network adapters?
    And at the end there is a compatibility notice. Is it an issue?
  12. Yes, of course! You can add up to 5 more hard drives if I can recall. After using a high performance SSD I can't ever see being without one now. It speeds up your system like STUPID fast! LOL Your OS and frequently used files and games should go on the SSD. I suggest say a 2TB WD Black as a good "mass storage" drive. Keep movies, photos, video clips, etc. on that drive.....basically anything that you don't use on a regular basis.

    You'll be very happy with that system. As I said, it is very "overclock" oriented. You can squeeze a lot of performance from it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Homebuilt Build Your Own CPUs Build Components Graphics System Builder New Build