My i5 4670 temps are good?

lnorba

Reputable
Mar 19, 2014
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, but I read it a long time ago.
I recently got a i5 4670 cpu and a Cooler Master Hyper 103 cpu-cooler, with freshly applied thermal paste.
I have a fan on the front of the case (12cm-intake), one in the rear panel (12cm-exhaust), one on the top (12cm-exhaust),one on the bottom panel (12cm-intake) and a huge fan on the side panel (18cm-intake). And a bottom mounted psu.
It look like that:

psu-bottom-04-EN_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

My temps are:

Idle:~29° (while browsing)

Full load: average:~50° and max: 55° ( with Aida 64 Extreme)

My room temp is currently: ~20, but I live in an attic housing. And like all the attic housing (with bad insulation) in the summer, the temps are really high. ( I have 35° average in my room in summer days.)
And I use the integrated gpu of the cpu, if this matters.

So my question(s) is:
These temperature values are good? And how will these temps change in the summer?(Should I worry about the summer heat?)

And sorry if I misspelled something, but english is not my native language.

Solution
Not just good, but I would say excellent! Any time that your CPU is below 30C while idle it's a very good thing. And 55C is WAY below max temperature threshold. You've got your cooling set just right......even the intake/outtake are right on the money.
Not just good, but I would say excellent! Any time that your CPU is below 30C while idle it's a very good thing. And 55C is WAY below max temperature threshold. You've got your cooling set just right......even the intake/outtake are right on the money.

Solution
One more thing......always make sure that you computer is on a hard surface, NOT on carpet. I like the option to pull in cold air from outside the case through the bottom, but if it sits on carpet you smother the fan and it can't get air from ANYWHERE.

lnorba

Reputable
Mar 19, 2014

Okay, thanks. I will remember this. Actually my pc is on my desk.