Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Software won't instal without SP nt4.0 6a

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
March 19, 2014 2:44:06 PM

I have downloaded the sp but it wont install because it says it can't find cfgmgr32.dll

More about : software instal nt4

March 19, 2014 3:02:27 PM

That is ancient and will only work on windows NT 4.0 (from 1996)
m
0
l
March 19, 2014 3:02:40 PM

What software are you trying to use, and is there a reason for using the specific version you are trying to use?

If the software is old enough to list Windows NT 4.0 in the requirements, that's probably a pretty old piece of software, and unless you need some feature of that specific version, you can probably find a newer version that will be easier to get working. Windows NT 4.0 is from around 1995. It may take a bit of effort to get it to work in Windows XP.

Casey
m
0
l
Related resources
March 19, 2014 3:30:32 PM

Yes, it is a very old Photoshop Elements 2.0. I had it on my computer before it crashed and it actually had more power than they came out with in ver 3.0. But also I have an original (bundled) disc. I don't really want to buy anything else. Looking for a work around, but maybe there isn't any :( 
m
0
l

Best solution

March 19, 2014 3:50:49 PM

ted777 said:
Yes, it is a very old Photoshop Elements 2.0. I had it on my computer before it crashed and it actually had more power than they came out with in ver 3.0. But also I have an original (bundled) disc. I don't really want to buy anything else. Looking for a work around, but maybe there isn't any :( 


No we had a huge thread about MGI photosomething II for NT 4.0 yesterday. We weren't able to come up with much other than a VM which might work for you but you will need a NT install disk.

However there were some free programs that are roughly equal to Photoshop that came highly recommended they are:

Gimp Supposed to be Photoshop Equivalent

and

Paint.NET Supposed to be slightly less powerful but lower learning curve.
Share
March 19, 2014 4:33:30 PM

I have a good photo shop program that came with my canon printer, but I was also able to modify my CD disc printers with Photoshop elements which most Photo editors wont.
m
0
l
March 20, 2014 9:43:06 AM

Spectre694 said:
ted777 said:
Yes, it is a very old Photoshop Elements 2.0. I had it on my computer before it crashed and it actually had more power than they came out with in ver 3.0. But also I have an original (bundled) disc. I don't really want to buy anything else. Looking for a work around, but maybe there isn't any :( 


No we had a huge thread about MGI photosomething II for NT 4.0 yesterday. We weren't able to come up with much other than a VM which might work for you but you will need a NT install disk.

However there were some free programs that are roughly equal to Photoshop that came highly recommended they are:

Gimp Supposed to be Photoshop Equivalent

and

Paint.NET Supposed to be slightly less powerful but lower learning curve.


m
0
l
March 20, 2014 9:49:08 AM

Thank you. I am going to try both of the free programs for a while to see if I like them.
m
0
l
March 20, 2014 1:28:14 PM

ted777 said:
Thank you. I am going to try both of the free programs for a while to see if I like them.


Good luck hope one of them works for you.
m
0
l
!