i7 4770 Max temp?

Bgordy2013

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
I have been looking high and low for this number, when I search I get flodded with results for the i7 4770K. I do not have the K I have the normal one, anyone know the max temp (I want to overclock)

Thanks,
Bgordy2013

Solution
Here is your solution. You ready?

Don't overclock the thing. There is nothing that processor cannot handle at stock speeds. Overclocking something as modern and powerful as a 4770 is only for geeks seeking to satisfy geekdom - just to WATCH IT GO! I advise you get a good cooling unit to keep the temperatures down and go with the flow. I use a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO on a 4770k and I cannot find a Burner or Benchmark Application that will push it beyond 70C at 99% load. (I also multitask, web browsing and whatnot, while Burning.)

Stick with that awesome processor, my friend. It will serve you well.

Best of luck.

K means the multiplier is unlocked allowing overclocking there are a couple other methods using the BCLK but essentially those are limited to a 1-200MHz gains when they even work.

gg61

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014
I am not an expert at this however, I believe you can overclock to the turbo frequency. You should be able to get it to 3.9 with an aftermarket cooler but probably only 3.5-3.6 with the stock one.

EDIT: Just realised this functionality was removed from haswell chips.

clayofthe757

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Here is your solution. You ready?

Don't overclock the thing. There is nothing that processor cannot handle at stock speeds. Overclocking something as modern and powerful as a 4770 is only for geeks seeking to satisfy geekdom - just to WATCH IT GO! I advise you get a good cooling unit to keep the temperatures down and go with the flow. I use a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO on a 4770k and I cannot find a Burner or Benchmark Application that will push it beyond 70C at 99% load. (I also multitask, web browsing and whatnot, while Burning.)

Stick with that awesome processor, my friend. It will serve you well.

Best of luck.

Solution