Is 6670 and 6570 work the same with Crossfire?

loyd_riveral

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
I have an AMD A10-6790k with HD 8670D.

I already know that Radeon HD 6670 is the most compatible with my APU for Crossfiring. However, it seems to be hard for me to find this GPU anymore. Question is, can I use HD 6570 instead for Crossfire with my APU? Thanks!

Solution
That's perfectly possible, say you buy a 7770 or higher and put it in your motherboard(your motherboard will have 1gpu slot for sure)

You'd just put in the 7770 plug it into your power supply (which unit do you have by the way) and then plug your output cable(hdmi,vga etc) into the GPU and then away you go boot up the machine. No trouble at all, oh and you'll need to put the display driver CD in.

loyd_riveral

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Well, I'm actually looking for pre-owned, that's what makes it hard. Lol. It will save me around 15$-20$ which is better than nothing.

Yah, I can go with HD 7770 or 7750 but someone from AMD told me that 6670 is the most compatible to crossfire with my APU.

So again, will 6570 and 6670 work close to each other?

AshyCFC

Honorable
They will but the APU crossfire is kind of poor performance.

Grab a 7750 if you can, superior to a10 crossfire with 6570/6670.

The crossfire doesn't really benefit performance by more than about 10fps on average, some games 20 depending on setting but the crossfire of APU/GPU doesn't work that greatly.

AshyCFC

Honorable
That's perfectly possible, say you buy a 7770 or higher and put it in your motherboard(your motherboard will have 1gpu slot for sure)

You'd just put in the 7770 plug it into your power supply (which unit do you have by the way) and then plug your output cable(hdmi,vga etc) into the GPU and then away you go boot up the machine. No trouble at all, oh and you'll need to put the display driver CD in.

Solution